BAILEY OFF TO BLOOM NEXT FALL

Allyson Heard, Editor

Leading his peers through clubs, sports, and academics, senior Ryan Bailey will continue to excel as he furthers his education at Bloomsburg University next fall.  

Bailey was recognized for his outstanding leadership skills last spring when his peers elected him President of the Student Government Association. 

“I was elected by majority vote of the SGA members last year, but I would have to say I would not be able to do my job without the help of the Vice President of the organization, Emily Kolankiewicz,” Bailey said. “She has been in the organization since freshman year and she provided great insight on everything there is to know about SGA as well as assisting me with everything we do.” 

Being president of such a profound club places Bailey in charge of very important school events such as homecoming and the Bangor vs. Pen Argyl pep rally. 

“Ryan was new this year but he’s been handling his new position really well,” Meagan Hoffman said. “He’s doing a great job at communicating with the other members of SGA and pumps everyone up at school events.” 

During the winter, Bailey must balance his time between SGA and the boys basketball team. 

Bailey started playing basketball at the age 10 and it has become an important part if his high school career.                                                  

“The success we have had in the past few years and how fun it is to play with the group of guys we have is what motivates me to continue to play,” Bailey said. “I like that it’s a team sport so everyone is held accountable for their actions and how they play; if someone ‘drops the ball’, the team is there to pick them right back up.” 

Being a part of such a successful team has created memories that will last a lifetime. 

“My favorite part is definitely the home games. When the Quarry Crew is cheering and the band is playing it really pumps me up,” Bailey said. “I’m looking forward to having a lot of success and hopefully winning the Colonial League Championship for the fourth time, and ultimately districts.” 

Next fall, Bailey will continue to wear maroon as he expands his academic horizons at Bloomsburg University. Here, Bailey will begin his studies in business with the hopes of becoming an international business marketing major. 

“Bloomsburg has a beautiful campus and a great business program for me. I want to travel and I enjoy marketing so I think it will be a perfect fit,” Bailey said. 

Even though Bailey will be leaving Bangor shortly, he will always be known as “Mr. President” to his classmates.