SLATER BASKETBALL HOPES FOR COLONIAL REPEAT

Tatum Strohe, Reporter

Bangor boys basketball gets the Slater community thrilled every Winter with hopes of another championship. This season, there are high expectations for the boys as they have several returning varsity members and worked resiliently throughout the offseason. 

Seniors Hunter Kish (center), Ryan Bailey (center), Saber Singleton (forward), Tony Jones (forward), and Kenny Morehouse (center) will lead the underclassmen, following their motto, “Tradition Never Graduates.” 

“To me, ‘Tradition Never Graduates’ means playing for those who have played before us,” Kish said. “Following tradition and representing Bangor means a lot to me and pushes me to be a better player.” 

While losing six seniors, returning juniors guard Ben Holland and guard Isaiah Jones plan on competing even stronger than before. 

“I made sure to play almost every day and went to the gym as much as possible. I’ll do whatever it takes to succeed,” Holland said. 

The Bill Pensyl Gymnasium held a scrimmage Saturday, December 2 where the Slaters worked on skills in a game-like atmosphere. 

“We played very well and were really starting to work together as one,” Bailey said. “We still have some things to critique for Friday, but we definitely have positives to take away from the scrimmage.” 

The Slaters will have to take on rivals such as Southern Lehigh, Salisbury, and Notre Dame, but are determined to win and show their improvements while having support from the student section, The Quarry Crew. 

Easton will hold Bangor’s first basketball game of the season December 9. Come out and support the three-time champs.