SLATER SPOTLIGHT: MICHENNA MULVANEY

Brooke Reister, Contributor

The motivated Michenna Mulvaney plans to further her education at Northampton Community College for the first two years and finish at Kutztown University. She plans to take her love of learning and earn a degree in early childhood education.

What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you? 

Sarcastic, beautiful, and loving.

What sports, clubs, organizations, jobs do you have an what are your positions in each of these activities? 

I have been a part of Bangor’s musicals since 7th grade. I have been apart of the ensemble and the costume crew. I have also been in women’s chorale and chamber choir.

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why?  

It would probably be Angela because we are so used to seeing each other on a daily basis and she’s been my best friend since 5th grade.

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why? 

It would have to be either Mr, Hachtman or Mr. Di Minico. Mr. Hachtman is truly one of the best teachers I have ever had because he genuinely loves what he does. Mr. Di Minico has taught me so much about music and myself. He cares about his students.  

I would say prom because it was so nice to spend a great time with people from school outside of school.

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

Math classes. Not the teachers but math is really terrible to me.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

Either Twenty One Pilots or Juice Wrld. Not for any other reason than the fact that I nonstop listen to their music.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 

Definitely Vanessa Hudgens( Gabriella Montez, High School Musical) because she can sing and she portrays such a sweet girl.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? 

Back to my bed but other than that I enjoy going to the choir room because it is the best environment.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why? 

Hopefully successful and stable in my teaching career, have a place of my own, and a family. I want to work hard and be stable myself and help my family if they need.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why? 

The musicals or other music events. The music department provides you such a large and welcoming family. I have met my favorite people and we have been so successful as a whole.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why? 

“Never underestimate yourself.” For a very long time I didn’t have faith in myself and my abilities. Ever since I have, I have been stronger and happier. Having faith in yourself is so important.

Where is one place you would like to travel to and why? 

I would like to travel to Italy because I have heard that it is beautiful and that the food is great. I am very Italian so I think it would make for a neat experience.

What is your favorite movie and why? 

My favorite movie would have to be either P.S. I love you or Safe Haven because I love romance movies.

What is your favorite animal and why? 

It would have to be a dolphin because they are way too smart and cute. One of my dreams is to swim with them somewhere tropical.

What made you choose to be involved in the music department? 

I chose to be involved in the music department because I saw the family that it provides. I have never met someone that had something bad to say about being involved. Music has helped me through my toughest times and I am so grateful to have been involved in such an overwhelmingly talented group.