SLATER SPOTLIGHT: MADELIN BUSSENGER

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I’ve been a Bangor Slater for 18 years!

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I will be attending Bloomsburg University as an undecided major for now, but I hope to figure out what I want to do soon.

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
Softball!!

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
Funny, athletic, and caring.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
I will remember Mrs. Reenock the most. I always looked forward to ceramics even though I’m not the most artistic person. She was just so enjoyable to be around, and she made class fun.

My best high school memory is being able to have prom my senior year. I missed out on it my junior year because we got shut down, so being able to go this time was really special.

What is your worst high school memory and why?
My worst high school memory would probably be when we got shut down in March my junior year. It was the day right before our first softball scrimmage and we sadly never got to play that season.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?
Florida Georgia Line could play the soundtrack to my high school career because their music gives off the vibe of just having a good time all the time and that’s exactly what I did all four years.

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?
Colt Bennett from The Ranch would definitely play my part. He is always laughing and having a good time and doesn’t really care what other people think about him.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? 
The first place I would always want to go in the morning would be the gym. I looked forward to gym class every day, so I always wanted to know first thing in the morning what game we would be playing.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
My parents influenced me the most throughout my high school career. They have always pushed me to be my best and work hard no matter what.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
In 10 years, I predict I will be making big bucks and I will own 3 dogs. I see myself here because my dogs need a luxurious lifestyle.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?
I will miss the Quarry Crew the most. Being able to dress up and cheer on the sports teams was something I looked forward to all the time. It was so enjoyable to be around everyone, win or lose.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
My favorite quote to live by is “yolo”. This means you only live once, so make the most of it. Go to prom, go support your friends at their sporting events, go to that party and just do everything you can because one day you’ll look back and be disappointed you missed out.