SLATER SPOTLIGHT: KAYLEE MELLOTT

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I have been a Slater for 6 years!

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I plan on attending college at NACC for the first two years to study psychology, then transfer either to Cedar Crest College or DeSales for nursing. My desired future career is to become a pediatric nurse.

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
During my time at Bangor, I was involved in marching band, musical, class cabinet, SADD, Leo Club, and managing the track and field team.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
Three positive words my friends would describe me are fun, organized, and caring.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
I will remember Mrs. Pursel at Bangor most because she would always brighten my day and talk to me if I had a bad day or needed to talk. She had great impact on my years in Bangor.

What is your best high school memory and why?
My best high school memory is all the football games along with the bonfire and pep rally. These were the times I looked forward to since everyone enjoyed the night and laughed together.

What is your worst high school memory, and why?
My worst high school memory is this Covid experience. I never thought that Covid would have taken over as much as it did and would affect my senior year of high school as much as it did.

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?
If there was a movie made about my high school days, I would want Rebel Wilson to play my part because she is so funny, kind, and such a caring person in all her movies. She is just an upbeat actor who I have always loved ever since I was younger.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?
When arriving at school, I would go to the TV studio. The studio was a place to relax and have fun in the morning.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
I was most influenced by Mr. D. I have been with him since middle school, and through my years, he has given me tips to improve myself not just as a signer but as a human by not worrying what others think about me.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
In ten years, I hope to pursue my career in pediatric nursing and live the best life I can. I want to show myself if I set a goal in a line of work, I can do it while still being happy about why I picked it.

Which event, events will you miss the most, and why?
I will miss all the music department events along with the bonfire. These events let me have a good laugh with friends and enjoy myself without worrying about anything.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
My favorite quote to live by is the one from TikTok, which is “It’s okay to be a glow stick sometimes we have to break before we glow.” This is my favorite because it reminds me it okay to make mistakes and go in the wrong direction and be defeated, but it’s how you react that will make your life better and show yourself you are.