SLATER SPOTLIGHT: KYLE RIGBY

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I’ve been a Bangor Slater since kindergarten. I grew up here and went through K-12 at Bangor.

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I will be attending Bloomsburg university and will be majoring in medical imaging. I plan on specializing in cardiology. I simply just want to help people and do my part. Maybe, eventually, I will go to med school and become a radiologist.

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
Yearbook, football, track and field, and ski club.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
Optimistic, smart, and funny.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
Probably Mr. Madden. I had two years of yearbook with Mr. Madden and I can truthfully say he is a cool guy. I will remember him more than other teachers simply because he just acts like a regular guy, rather than an authority figure which creates a mutual respect between him and his students.

Beating Saucon Valley in football this year. It was the first time we had beat them in 10 years but each year it has always been extremely close. We were able to take this one home though and it was a great feeling.

What is your worst high school memory and why?
None.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
My parents. My parents always kept me in line and made sure I had my priorities straight. They are the reason I am where I am today.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
Hopefully working as a radiologist.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?
The sheer electricity of the crowd at the 100th Rivalry Game. It was an amazing experience I will never forget.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
“Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body does.” This is something my middle school football coach used to say before making us run. It holds true to life in general, everyone thinks they can’t until they do.