SLATER SPOTLIGHT: MYLAINIA SCHIPPERS

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I have been a Bangor Slater for 6 years.

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I will be attending Pace University to study psychology, after college I plan to become a military psychologist.

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School. 
Throughout my four years of high school, I have participated in field hockey, track and field, wrestling, choir, SGA, Leo Club, SADD, and Class Cabinet.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
My friends would describe me as caring, athletic, and generous.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
I will probably remember all the girls and coaches on my field hockey team because they pushed me to be the best person I can be and became my second family.

My best high school memory is when the field hockey team won the league championship in 2018 because it was something we had worked so hard for and the win felt amazing.

What is your worst high school memory and why?
My worst high school memory is probably when I found out I failed my Algebra Keystone by one point.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?
Probably One Direction because my high school years have been filled with a lot of boy drama.

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?
Jennifer Anniston because she can capture my full dramatic personality.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?
When I get to school in the morning the first place I want to go is home to my bed because I hate waking up early.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
My friends definitely had the biggest influence on me during my years in high school because I spent most of my time with them.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
In ten years, I’ll probably be in the mall trying to figure out how much 20% off a shirt is because none of my math teachers have been able to make me understand the concept of percentage off.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why? 
I’ll definitely miss the sports games the most because it was always a fun time with all my friends.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
“Everything happens for a reason.” I could go on for hours talking about how true this quote is but I’ll just sum it up and tell you if there is a cause for every effect, there is a reason for every moment.