PRIESTAF PAVES WAY TO GEORGETOWN

Mac Karner, Reporter

Senior standout Lili Priestaf will be taking her impressive work ethic to Washington D.C. this fall to begin her studies at Georgetown University. Priestaf will major in English while potentially obtaining a minor in journalism or marketing. 

I chose to apply to Georgetown because I fell in love with the school the first moment I stepped onto campus. From the location to the academic opportunities to the student body, it seemed almost too good to be true. I highly doubted my ability to actually get in, but applied anyways, and I am really glad I did,” Priestaf said. 

Priestaf has spent the last four years building an unmatched resume that has prepared her for GU. While participating in activities that include Student Government, Varsity Soccer, Class Cabinet, and Lit Mag, Priestaf has held numerous officer positions, most notably, SGA President.  

With each year in SGA, I gradually gained more responsibilities in leadership roles. As secretary my junior year, president seemed to be the logical next step and was a challenge I wanted to take on. It was scary, but worth it,” Priestaf said.  

Being President has allowed Priestaf to spend much of her time with SGA’s advisor, Mrs. Brown. This allowed Mrs. Brown to naturally become one of Priestaf’s most notable influences throughout high school. 

“Going to have to shoutout Jeanine Brown here. She has pushed me both as a teacher and a club advisor, and I am extremely grateful for the time and trust she has given me. She also gives me candy,” Priestaf joked. 

Outside of SGA, Priestaf was also a captain of the girls varsity soccer team this past fall.  

“I think being captain taught me the impact of a positive attitude and the importance of making each girl on the team feel welcome. When I consciously made these efforts, alongside my other captains, the team’s atmosphere was so much better, and we enjoyed our time so much more as a result,” Priestaf said. 

Priestaf will bring her positive passions to GU’s extracurriculars in the fall, participating in activities that she will surely impact. 

“I heard there is a dog-walking club, and that is something I will 100% pursue. I would like to also become involved in the school newspaper and the CORP, which is a student-run organization that operates coffee shops across campus,” Priestaf said. 

From success on the soccer field to crushing it in the classroom, Priestaf will continue to shine as she enters this next chapter in her life.