GSA MOVING FOWARD

Sunshyne Furlow, Reporter

Led by Mrs. Harris and Mr. Weaver the Gay Straight Alliance, also known as GSA, is a club that supports the LGBTQ+ community and equality for everyone.

The club recently held elections which resulted in Madison Laubach becoming president, Sarina Donatelli as vice president, and Malinda Flaimfor secretary.

As president, Laubach hopes to lead the club in a positive direction, with big goals for the future.

“I would like to widen our horizons as a club and bring more awareness to the equality issues being faced,” Laubach said

Laubach plans to do outreach with Winter Social, Winter Carnival, and main event, Awareness Week in April.

Each day of Awareness Week is dedicated to a recognition of a certain issue in today’s society such as bullying, homeless teens, mental issues, and will include a day called “Mix It Up”.

“Mix It Up” is when willing participants are assigned to a table that they don’t normally sit which benefits social ability.

In addition to Awareness Week, GSA raises money for the Winter Carnival by hosting hot chocolate sales before winter break.

Students who would like to become a member of GSA can talk to one of the co-advisors, either Mrs. Harris or Mr. Weaver, in addition to any of the officers.