ALMANZAR IS ALL BUSINESS

Senior Jake Almanzar juggles work, school, and photography.

Sara Phillips, Editor

Senior Jacob Almanzar has a lot on his plate compared to the average 18 year old. From being captain of the soccer team to helping run a family business, there is never a dull moment. 

All Bangorians are aware of the flavorful fork-free chicken created by the local food truck Chick’ncone, and it all began with Almanzar’s father. 

“Originally, my family and I joked about starting a business but then my dad realized that he was on to something…turns out he was right,” Almanzar said. 

Thanks to his father, Almanzar has a job, and with his help, the business continues to grow. 

“I do not have a title, but I basically do the tasks that my dad does not want to do, which is essentially watching over people to make sure that everything is going over smoothly,” Almanzar said. “Chick’ncone is currently taking the next step and being franchised by my dad.” 

Chick’ncone has presented Almanzar with a bright future as well. 

“After high school, I plan to attend Northampton Community College for two years while studying business management. Then, I plan to transfer out after getting my associates to take over my family’s empire,” Almanzar said. 

Almanzar also recently finished his fourth and final year of playing boys soccer. 

“I have grown a lot over these four years both individually and with the team in terms of becoming a leader. I am definitely going to miss it, but throughout this season I think I made a lot of improvements in terms of the game such as simply getting faster,” Almanzar said. 

Almanzar enjoyed being a role model to his fellow teammates as a captain. 

“I liked that I could see both sides of things. The underclassmen looked up to me as I did when I was their age. It was definitely a good life experience to have,” Almanzar said. 

Aside from working and soccer, Almanzar also dabbles in photography. 

“I have no idea where my interest in photography came from, but I have always been drawn to it. I love the creative and artistic aspects of it,” Almanzar said. “I use a Canon T5 Rebel as well as Photoshop and Lightroom to edit my pictures.” 

Even though Almanzar enjoys photography, his focus will most likely be geared towards the family business.  

“Though I would love to take my photography farther, I believe it will remain a hobby throughout my life,” Almanzar said.  

Whether it is working in a food truck, or taking artsy pictures in the woods, there is no doubt that Almanzar will succeed in his endeavors.