LITERARY MAGAZINE RELEASES FIRST ISSUE OF SCHOOL YEAR

Kaley Casagrande, Reporter

The Literary Magazine recently released its first issue of The Slate. With Mrs. Rabbat in charge and creative minds ready to impress, the club has high hopes for the upcoming school year.

“In the upcoming year, everyone in Lit Mag is expecting to get more people to participate and submit their work,” coeditor Ariella Menecola said. “We’re hoping that we’ll be able to receive a variety of different submissions from all types of people in our next issue.”

This year’s fall issue has already met one goal with its awesomely creative new cover. The design was drawn by Emily Cuff for an English project, the magazine’s art editor.

“The project was a picture or poem about culture and I’m not very good at writing so I decided to draw,” Cuff said. “I divided the picture into four sections of my culture.”

Cuff’s project was so well-received by Mrs. Rabbat that she decided to submit it to the Literary Magazine where it was then chosen for the cover.

An exciting trip through the magazine reveals a series of artistically diverse poems and short stories.

In This Teenage Life, Bangor student V. Russo reveals the truth about teenage hardships and growing stronger when things get rough.

Through a short story written by ‘Mutated Owl,’ the author comes face to face with life, realizing the reality of some situations just as many others must do at some point in life.

Anonymous writer of The Life That Crumbles tugs at the heart strings with a heart-wrenching poem about giving and giving, only to be burned by the flame that they fed for so long.

“I have very high expectations for the upcoming Magazine,” editor-in-chief Madison Messinger said. “Hopefully we have a few more creative souls join because, in my opinion, any form of art whether it be photography, drawings, poetry, or writing is a way to speak your mind.”

The Spring edition of The Slate will be released in middle, to late April.

Students who wish to submit work anonymously can hand in work with a pen name instead. Mrs. Rabbat and all current members are always accepting work without judgment from students for the magazine.