TOTH TO PLAY AT KING’S

Montana Cassaro, Reporter

Well-rounded student athlete senior Colby Toth made the most of his Bangor career participating in cross country, baseball, after school activities, and being a leader of the Quarry Crew. Now, he plans to pursue his education at Kings College. 

Leading the Slaters from the mound, Toth is in the midst of another successful baseball season. 

“It’s a bittersweet feeling considering it’s my last season as a Slater. I’m going to miss the team, but I’m really excited to play at Kings,” Toth said. 

Toth has been on the Slater baseball team for the past four years and the Lehigh Valley Baseball Association (LVBA) for two years, Toth has put in countless hours of practice to make himself a better player. 

“LVBA has helped me tremendously with my pitching, as well as getting my name out there to a lot of college coaches,” Toth said. “They are one of the main reasons why I will be playing in college.”  

Toth’s time and effort from baseball is also contributed evenly throughout his high school clubs.  

Throughout high school, Toth has been involved in Student Government Association (SGA) and yearbook.  Within these clubs, Toth makes a difference in the school and community. 

“Within SGA I helped decorate the halls for Christmas spirit week, and I also contributed to the Slater Showdown event. There, I helped set up and clean up each game in between rounds along with organizing the stage prior to each event,” Toth said. “As an editor for the yearbook and it is exciting to see my work published throughout the book.” 

Toth plans on taking these hardworking assets with him to Kings College next fall, where he will continue his career studying athletic training. 

“To be an athletic trainer you need to be a quick thinker, have good communication skills, and to work well with other people,” Toth said. “I decided to major in athletic training. I enjoy science and learning about the body. I also love being around sports and athletic training gives me the opportunity to do both.” 

With his diligent work ethic, Toth is focusing on his academics and time management skills. 

“In order to be successful throughout college, I need to learn better study habits and to make better use of my time,” Toth said. 

Leaving Bangor will be a hard adjustment for Toth, but he is excited to see what awaits him 

“Being a Slater means a lot to me. Bangor is where I have grown up and have been all of my life,”  Toth said. “I love how close the Bangor community is and how fun it has been being at the high school these last 4 years.” 

Although Toth will be attending Kings, he will forever be a Slater at heart and carry the memories he made through life.