HARRISON GETS DOWN TO BUSINESS

Carlin Williams, Reporter

With his easy going personality, future big city business senior Brandon Harrison will continue to broaden his horizons as he furthers his education at Northampton Community College next fall.

Throughout high school, Harrison has attended multiple sporting events presenting his outstanding school spirit.

“I love going to the basketball games. They are so entertaining to watch but the best memory I have is this past years Bangor vs. Pen Argyl football game,” Harrison said. “I remember there being a huge turnout for the Quarry Crew and after we won we stormed the field. It was amazing.”

Not only has his school spirit and hardworking personality helped him become who he is today, but Harrison’s go-getter attitude has transformed him into a guaranteed success.

“Hard work pays off and the way my parents raised me showed me how to be a successful and overall good person in and throughout life,” Harrison said.

Harrison’s upbringing and teaching of how to become successful is what ultimately brought on his interest in the field of business.

“What really sparked my interest in business was just how much there is to do in the field and how successful you can become and all of the amazing company’s you could potentially work for,” Harrison said.

Help from Harrison’s teachers influenced his final decision to major in business.

“Both Mrs. Kopp and Mr. Raines classes are filled with projects that really teach you all about what business is like and, because of how well they teach the curriculum, the thought of being a business major stuck with me,” Harrison said.

Although, the field of business is vast, Harrison has narrowed down his future career to marketing.

“I want to go into marketing because I like the idea of being able to promote people’s products and ideas and helping sell those ideas to consumers,” Harrison said.

As his future career path is set in stone, so is where he plans to study for the next four years.

“After I graduate, I plan on attending NCC for two years and then Bloomsburg University after that. My dream career is either to work in management or marketing for a company in a big city like New York or Philly,” Harrison said.

The decision he made for the next four years of his life was easy after just a few campus tours

“I want to go to NCC because it is cheap an allows me to work and earn money while I’m in school. I also want to go to Bloom because it was my favorite college that I toured,” Harrison said.

As Harrison’s senior year draws to a close, he is beginning to feel reminiscent over the last few years of his life.

“Being a Slater is cool. The school has a long in-depth history and I’m proud to say I will be a Bangor Area High School graduate,” Harrison said.

As his journey after high school begins, Harrison will take the memories of being a Slater with him no matter what big city or successful career path he lands upon.