EMILY KOLANKIEWICZ: MOST CAFFEINATED

Devin Dancho, Reporter

Hard working, spunky senior Emily Kolankiewicz has worked her way through high school. She holds many leadership positions, participates in AP and honors courses, and also finds time to have a job. One may ask- how can she manage to juggle all of this? The answer is simple- caffeine.  

What college will you be attending? 

Nova SouthEastern University  

What will you be studying? 

Marine Biology 

What are your hobbies?  

Reading, watching movies, and hiking  

Are you involved in any clubs? If so, which ones? Do you have any leadership roles in them? 

SGA – Vice President  

Class Cabinet – President  

Spanish Honor Society – public Relations officer  

National Honor Society – Secretary  

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? 

I go to Mr. Hachtman’s room every morning. I like to sit and talk with some of the kids in his homeroom and de-stress before the day starts.  

Who influenced you the most during high school and why? 

All of the biology teachers have had a significant impact on me, both in my academic and personal life. They’ve helped me tailor my interests moving forward and have given me the skills I need to (hopefully) succeed in college and balance everything else in my personal life as best as possible.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why? 

I hope to be working on sustainable practices or in conservation studies. I’ve always had a passion for animals and I hope to one day make a difference in their lives.  

Which event/events will you miss the most and why? 

Probably the Bangor vs. Pen Argyl Spirit Week. It’s a time when there’s a great sense of community and everyone comes together to participate in all of the events. I love the anticipation of the game, and I’m glad that we won both my freshman and senior year.  

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?  

“Make it count”. It’s a short reminder to do all things with purpose and to always strive to do my best. 

What is your favorite caffeinated beverage? 

Coffee, but Red Bull when I need an extra kick.

On average, how many cups of caffeine do you consume per day? 

Typically six K-Cups in the morning, and a Red Bull or two throughout the day if I’m having trouble staying awake.  

Imagine you were pulling into the Dunkin Donuts drive through, what would your coffee order be? 

Caramel iced latte with sugar  

How did your love for caffeine start? 

Pretty much everyone in my family drinks coffee, and as I got busier, it just became a necessity.

What would a world look like without caffeine? 

Sad.