MEET THE 2018 HOMECOMING COURT

Meagan Hoffman, Editor

Congratulations to the 2018 homecoming court!

Caleb Koresh

Captain of the boys soccer team, and a member of the track and field team, Caleb Koresh has dedicated his time at BHS towards athletics and academics, revealing his true leadership skills. He has set himself up for a bright future at a 4-year college/university majoring in science.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

“Flying, so I don’t have to pay for gas.”

Favorite high school memory?

“This.”

What can’t you live without?

“Water.”

Trinity Pongracz

Pongracz is a competitive and driven Slater involved in Student Government, Competitive Cheer, Class Cabinet, and is a volunteer coach for the Little Slater cheerleaders. She plans to attend a 4-year college/university to major in Occupational or Physical Therapy.

“Telekinesis so I never have to get up to get the TV remote.”

What is your favorite high school memory?

“Being on homecoming court.”

What can’t you live without?

“Iced coffee.”

Eric Lyon

In and outside of school, Lyon has proved himself to be a stellar student and community member through his involvement with the track and field team, volunteering as a youth group leader, and earning the title of Quarry Crew leader. Lyon plans to attend a 4-year college/university to major in business, as well as continue his successful javelin career.

“I would choose time travel so I could see if I’ll win homecoming king or not.”

“When my German teacher gave me a can of tomato soup.”

What can’t you live without?

“Akash’s mom’s curry.”

Autumn Bird

Bird is a very involved and committed Bangor student, as she is involved in powderpuff football and track and field. She also enjoys studying fitness and is passionate about art and animals. Bird plans to attend a 4-year college/university to major in art.

“Flight because my last name is Bird.”

“I’d say being on the homecoming court. It is definitely out of my comfort zone, which I like.  It’s already an awesome experience with good people.”

What can’t you live without?

“Definitely art and animals. They are both a muse for me and bring me happiness.”

Zakary Kozinski

With a true passion for the outdoors, Kozinski spends his time with the Northampton County 4H Dairy Club, hunting and fishing, or at his job at Locust Lawn Farm. Dedicated to nature, Kozinski has future plans to attend a 4-year college/university to major in agricultural science.

“My superpower would be shape-shifting because then I can change into anything I want.”

“When Bo Meyers scored the winning touchdown in the Bangor vs. Pen Argyl game last school year.”

What can’t you live without?

“Panera Mac and cheese.”

Eboni Bass

Eboni Bass has a love for cars, which she expresses through her impressive work at CIT. She is involved with NTHS, CIT, softball, and is a Skills USA competitor. Bass plans to attend Universal Technical Institute in Orlando, Florida to major in Diesel Mechanics.

“Time traveling so I can live in every era and see my ancestors and loved ones again.”

“My favorite high school memory would be my softball games.”

What can’t you live without?

“My family.”

Kyle Learn

Enthusiastic and with a permanent smile on his face, Learn has committed his time at Bangor to Class Cabinet, youth group, and ski club. He plans to attend Northampton Community College in the fall of 2019 to complete general education studies before transferring to a 4-year college/university to major in video production.

“Flying, so I could never be late.”

“Watching Tyrus Frost’s 1vs.5 sophomore year dodgeball come back victory.”

What can’t you live without?

“Apple juice.”

Hannah Voss

Voss is a devoted musical student, who is heavily involved with Color Guard, Choir and Drama Club, GSA member, performs in the musical, and Chamber Choir. She plans to attend a 4-year college/university to major in Food Science/Culinary Arts.

“I know it’s cliche, but I would love to fly. I always loved Peter Pan as a kid, and I used to have dreams of flying around my house or sprouting wings from my back.”

“Definitely marching band and being a part of the musicals. I had so much fun year after year being a part of a big performance and meeting new people and making friends. I’ll miss it so much.”

What can’t you live without?

“My friends and family. I love them all to bits and I wouldn’t be how I am today, or where I am today, without them. With their support I don’t know what I’d do, but I wouldn’t be the same.”

Nicholas Mazzella

Showing passion and energy on and off the field, Mazzella is an active captain of the boys soccer team, holds an officer position in Student Government Association, and an officer position in Senior Class Cabinet. He plans to attend a 4-year college/university to major in biology.

“I would want to have telekinesis because then I would feel like a Jedi.”

“Spending a full semester with Mr. Madden last year.”

What can’t you live without?

“My friends, they definitely keep me going and are always there for me.”

Jenna Learn

Learn is a well-rounded Slater who dedicates her time as President of Student Government, officer of National Honor Society, member of Class Cabinet, captain of the girls soccer team, basketball, and softball. She plans to attend a 4-year college/university to major in communications and minor in American Sign Language.

“If I could have one superpower it would be to time travel. I’ve always wanted to go back in time to see how things used to be.”

“My favorite high school memory is getting released to play softball last spring after tearing my ACL during our first soccer scrimmage 6 months earlier. I loved the feeling of stepping back on the field!”

What can’t you live without?

“I would not be able to live without my family. My parents and brothers have shaped me to be the person I am today and I can’t thank them enough for all they do.”