2018-2019–GIANNA GRAZIANO: MOST LIKELY TO STUN A BROADWAY AUDIENCE

Meagan Hoffman, Editor in Chief

Gifted actress and singer Gianna Graziano will continue her successful musical career at The American Musical and Dramatic Academy in the fall towards a B.F.A. in musical theatre. Graziano hopes to become a professional working performer with her impressive degree. Her devotion as the choir president, three year member of chamber choir, four year member of the choir and women’s chorale, and cast member of four Bangor musicals will surely be missed.

What do you hope people will remember about you after high school is over? 

I hope people remember my bubbly personality and the spirit and passion I brought into making the music department the best it could be. 

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why? 

I could never forget my dear teacher Mr. Di Minico. He has taught me so much, gave me confidence to push myself, and overall has given me the courage to do what I love and to continue working at my craft.

What is your best high school memory and why? 

Performing the finale in both 42nd Street, and Mamma Mia! were both unforgettable, and the reaction from the audience every time made all the countless hours of hard work count. 

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

I’ve been lucky to have made many great memories throughout high school, and I feel like my worst memory will be graduating and saying goodbye. It will be hard for me to let go of high school and never get this experience again.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

The School of Rock band from the movie with Jack Black. 

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 

If Lucille Ball was alive, it would have to be her. She has been my biggest inspiration and I see a lot of myself in her personality, and a lot of my acting techniques and my little nuances came from her.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? Mr. D.’s office. We always have a nice atmosphere in there and we talk about life and our situations, it’s like he’s our therapist, haha!

Where do you hope to end up 10 years from now and why? 

Hopefully working professionally on stage.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why? 

Opening nights of the musicals, and prom. Opening night always gave off such good energy and vibes. Prom both years I went were so fun and I love to just dance and have a blast. It’s always nice to get together with people in your school and to enjoy life.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why is it important to you? 

“Sawyer, you’re going out there a youngster, but you’ve got to come back a star!” – Julian Marsh

I feel like this quote represents how I want to leave my mark on Bangor. I’m from a small town but I want be able to come back and be recognized as someone kids can look up to. 

If you could star in one Broadway show, what character would you be and why? 

I would love to play Peggy again in 42nd Street. This is because I saw so much of myself in Peggy, and playing her made me study hard and I’ve never worked that hard in my life. It was so special and I would give anything to play her again.

After becoming a theater celebrity, where would you want to take your first vacation? 

I would love to tour all over Europe, specifically Italy and London.

What is your favorite song to jam out to in the car? 

All Around the World” by Justin Bieber. That whole album gets me going. 

What is your signature dance move at any school dance? 

The *jump up and down and point at your date dance while screaming the lyrics move*, that’s my go to.

How many Broadway shows have you seen? 

19