2018-2019–MORGAN SHRIVER: MOST LIKELY TO HAVE “ROSIEST” PERSONALITY

Avery Schiavone, Reporter

Outstanding senior Morgan Shriver has had a successful four years at Bangor. She spent her time dedicated to the musical arts, being involved in and holding leadership roles in choir, Chamber Choir, and Woman’s Chorale. She also showed her remarkable talent in portraying the role of Rosie Mulligan in Mamma Mia. Shriver helped take home the eight wins for Bangor at the 2019 Freddy Awards, including Outstanding Overall Production of a Musical and Outstanding Small Ensemble Performance. Shriver will attend Thomas Jefferson University in the fall and plans to major in Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology.  

What do you hope people will remember about you after high school is over? 

I hope that people will remember me for who I am and for all of the fun memories we’ve made throughout the years 🙂 

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why? 

I will definitely remember Andrea Morokutti. She is an inspiration to me. Her musical talent is unprecedented and I look up to her, even though she’s two years younger than me haha. 

My favorite high school memory is being “Rosie” in Mamma Mia! I had so much fun portraying her and I think that she is very similar to my personality in real life. Right now, I get to perform in the opening and closing number at the Freddy Awards, as well as our school performance for “Best Overall Show.” I’m having so much fun!! 

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

My worst high school memory was when I threw up on the bus ride to Carnegie Hall last year. Gross. 

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

This is cliché, but definitely ABBA just because their songs are so eclectic and fun and that’s how high school has been for me, regardless of the bad times. 

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 

I wish I could be played by both Amy Poehler and Tina Fey because they are an iconic movie duo and I feel like their combined energy would make for a hilarious high school comedy. 

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? 

The choir room!! It’s my home away from home. 

Who influenced you most during high school? Why and how? Give them a shoutout! 

Mr. Di Minico was my greatest influence throughout high school. He has done so much for me and is basically like a very wise uncle/ best friend to me. He’s helped me through all of my low points and has supported me at my high points. Love ya, Mr. D. 

Where do you hope to end up 10 years from now and why? 

I hope to live in Boston, since my plans to go to college there didn’t work out. I hope to have a solid career, as well as a small family of my own. 

Which event, events will you miss the most and why? 

I will always miss the excitement leading up to our choir concerts and musicals. I will also miss playing at the football games and just having fun with my friends. 

What is your favorite quote to live by and why is it important to you? 

“Do your best and love well” because it’s exactly what I intend to do with my life. 

Why is it important for you to keep a positive attitude all the time? 

It’s important that I stay positive because I am my own biggest critic and most of the time I am the only thing that’s stopping me from greatness. A positive outlook for life just changes your quality of living. 

How do you intend to keep music close to you throughout your life? 

I intend to join choir in college and continue to listen to music everyday. I hope to introduce my own kids to the world of music one day.