SLATER SPOTLIGHT: BROOKE REISTER

Michenna Mulvaney, Editor

After a successful academic career at Bangor High School, music enthusiast Brooke Reister will take her drive for success to Northampton Community to College. She plans to take a general education course before transferring to her next destination. 

What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you? 

Crazy, fun, adventurous

What sports, clubs, organizations, jobs do you have an what are your positions in each of these activities? 

I am in Slater Chorale, Women’s Chorale, Musical, and in Marching Band as a color guard leader.  

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why?  

I will miss any of my friends who aren’t taking the same college path as me because I won’t get to see them as much. I’d miss my friends Noelle Schwartz and Angela Bonopane because they are going to different colleges.

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why? 

There are three teachers who inspired me the most. Mr. Di Minico, Mr. Hachtman, and Mr. Weaver. Mr. Di Minico has opened me up and made me a more confident performer, Mr. Hachtman never gave up on helping me with my studies, and Mr. Weaver inspired me with his most random humor and made me laugh.

What is your best high school memory and why? 

My best high school memory was going through tech week of our school’s yearly musical with my friends and remembering how dead we all were, but yet still having the time of our lives.

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

My worst high school memory was forgetting words on stage during a performance.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

My top bands would be a more modern one, Twenty One Pilots and Green Day. I have good memories that correlate with their songs and I find it cool to look back on those memories.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 

If there were a movie made about my high school days, Kate McKinnon from Saturday Night Live could play my part. She’s hilarious and would nail any role she plays.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? 

The first place I want to go when I arrive at school is the choir room because it’s my second home.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why? 

Ten years from now I’d hope to find the career I really love and stick to it.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why? 

I will miss the musical, choir, and marching band events the most because those are what gave me so many good high school memories.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why? 

Jim Carrey once said, “Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them or stay afraid of taking them.” Whatever opportunity comes my way for my future I want to take it and stop being afraid of moving forward in my life.

What is your favorite musical that you’ve been in? Why?  

My favorite musical I’ve been in is “42nd Street” because that musical really brought the cast together in such a different way and we all bonded to achieve one goal; nailing tap dancing to perform our absolute best.  

If you were given 1 million dollars, what would be the first thing you buy and why?  

If I were given 1 million dollars I’d want to buy a house and save the rest for furniture and bills. Maybe buy a huge hamster bubble thing now that COVID-19 is a thing, add that to the list. 

Where is one place you want to travel to and why?  

One place I’d really like to travel to is Hawaii or any place with a beautiful beach. I love good weather and swimming always.  

What is your favorite movie and why? 

My favorite movie is the “Bee Movie.” That movie is a genuine art form, you can not deny that. Such a revolutionary moment in our cinematic world.