SLATER SPOTLIGHT: BROOKEL SABELLA

Cece Diaz, Reporter

The talented Brookel Sabella will be pursuing her music career at Wells College for her first year, before attending Syracuse University, for musical theater. She hopes to continue her studies through the pathway program offered to her through Syracuse University.

What sports, clubs, organizations, jobs do you have an what are your positions in each of these activities?

Choir President, women’s chorale, chamber choir, musical (Carrie)

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why?

I’m going to miss my friends Hunter Graziano, Madison Burke, and Johnny Rocco the most. They’ve stuck by me through everything and it means a lot to me. I also share so many great memories with them that I could never forget.

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why?

Mr. Di Minico influenced me the most. He is the reason for my success because he never stopped pushing me and believing in me. He’s also like the funniest teacher ever, so yeah, I’m gonna miss him a lot.

My best high school memory is participating in the PMEA choir festivals because we all were able to meet new people from schools like Nazareth and Parkland and build real friendships. We also made beautiful music together which made it even more special.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

My worst high school memory was working hard to be successful and then being put down by my peers because of it. It really hurt my feelings and no one really ever cared besides Mr. D.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career?

Lemonade Mouth

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?

That’s a great question, but honestly, I don’t know. Mr. Madden gave us an assignment this year which basically said, you never know what can change in a decade so I guess I’ll just wait and see. Hopefully making money.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?

I’m gonna miss graduation because it never happened and I was waiting my whole life for that.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

Havefunandbeyou

What was your greatest accomplishment during high school?

Breaking a record for the first female to win three Freddy awards

How would you describe your high school experience in three words?

I’m outta here.

Throughout high school, you made an incredible climb to get where you are in the music department, what is your advice to younger members who wish to make it as far as you in music?

You have to be dedicated to yourself and music. You can’t improve unless you’re willing to give up basically all of your time. Doing that isn’t a bad thing because you really start to love it and seeing the hard work pay off is the best reward. My advice is to try your best to do you and only you and not care what others have to say about it, because deep down, they want to be you.

What was your favorite part about Bangor’s music department?

My favorite part was hands down being under the direction of Mr. Di Minico. I would never have stuck to the program if it wasn’t for him and his constant dedication to his students. He always tried his best to make us laugh and have fun while still teaching us so much about music and life skills.

Who specifically influenced you into pursuing music throughout high school?

Mr. Di Minico, duh!