SLATER SPOTLIGHT: VENTURA ORTIZ

Faith Thompson, Reporter

Lady Slaters soccer player and track star Ventura Ortiz will to move on to Delaware Valley University where she will focus on agriculture and food marketing.

What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you?

Artistic, talented, and creative

What sports, clubs, organizations, jobs do you have an what are your positions in each of these activities?

Soccer – center midfield senior year/ first three years I was defense

Track – 100, 200, 300, 400  hurdles, long jump, 4 by 1. 4 by 4 (ran/jumped in all these events in a meet)

Powderpuff – Wide reviewer first three years/ cornerback senior year

SADD Club – just a part of the club (worked the snack stand and attended a health field trip)

I helped paint posters for the rivalry game against Pen Argyl

Sophomore year I helped at DeFranco to watch kids and play with them for honors society

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why?

I will miss many people. I am always a person to be social and try to talk to everybody. No matter what the conversation, I find everyone to have been a heart-warming memory to even more I will have in the future.

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why?

Both Mr. Crisp and Mr. Miller influenced me about my career choices and how successful I will be, always pushing me to do my best! Mrs. Derry helped bring out the school spirit and made me join in on fun events and clubs the school has.

Any moment I had laughed or even cried with my friends holds a place in my heart, no matter who it was.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

Any worst memory in school was probably just a lesson learned. Simply just not going out there and giving everything my all would be my worst memory. Not being able to go back and go the basketball game or go to a club event with my friends for the school.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

Big Time Rush. Not only was it my first band crush but the song talks about giving it your all and I learned to do that throughout the years. Not giving up and not quitting.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

Probably Sam from ICarly, I can not describe really why her but it fits me too well. I feel like most my friends would understand that.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?

I love the ceramics room and even the new art room. I am a very artsy person and getting creative in the morning relaxes me.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?

On a big old farm, decorated with all of my crafty things, my husband and kids, and a beautiful community of people getting fresh produce early in the morning!

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?

I love going to all the events the school has! I get to meet new people and have a blast with my friends! All of them hold a place in my heart!

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

1 Corinthians 10:13, this bible verse explains that there are temptations in life and everyone goes through it. But god’s faith is much brighter and no matter what happens if you believe and you share that belief with someone else then they too can overcome.

If you were to try out a new sport what would it be?

I really wanted to run Cross Country! I love running and it always makes me feel outstanding after running a race! Keeps me in great shape too.

What track event interests you the most and why?

Long Jump will always be a funny event. Not just the people I got to jump with but the atmosphere around it. Amazing coach! Fun opponents on the other team every time. Just a bunch of kids clapping at you to run and jump in a sandpit. Then having a sandy butt when you get out.

During soccer season what kept you motivated?

Most of my close friends I made from soccer. Young girls who come up and look to me as a senior for advice and for me to motivate them was my motivation. I wanted to show them that they can accomplish whatever they like and I always stuck around to help them afterwards too.