SLATER SPOTLIGHT: ALI KATZAROV

Tinia Burke, Editor

After a very tech-savvy year, good-humored soccer player, tennis player, SGA media officer and TSA Secretary, Ali Katzarov will be heading to Arcadia University this fall to study secondary education.

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why?

I will miss my friend Katelynn Roscioli because we’ve been friends since 8th grade she’s been by my side for everything and she’s also going to school in Illinois so I won’t be able to see her as much. Also I’ll miss Jacob Voss for being the best parking buddy, and a lot of other people I don’t mention but they know who they are.

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why?

The teacher that influenced me the most was Mr. Miller. He was always there for me when I needed some guidance or just wanted to try some wacky idea out. He helped me further myself and become a better person and he also let me do some really cool things that I wouldn’t have had the chance to do if he didn’t help me. I thank him for everything he’s done because he truly does not know how much he’s done for me.

What is your best high school memory and why?

My favorite high school memory was in 9th grade I was in a world history class with Mr. Hawk and he dropped a globe, when he picked it up he said “Oh no I think we lost Peru” and that always stuck with me. I found it hilarious at the time and I still laugh at it every once in a while.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

My worst high school memory was when I misread a question on Mr. Hachtman’s bio final and I got the entire thing wrong. It was worth 70 points and it was the biggest question on the entire final it was a sad day.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

It would probably be Fallout Boy, because their song “Sugar we’re going down” is basically the only song you need to make my soundtrack.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

Probably Jonah Hill, because he brings the same humor and sarcasm I like to have.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?

I want to go to the TV studio because it’s like a second home for me in the building. I’ve been there since my sophomore year and everyday there was a blast, from smooth days to the ones where we couldn’t get the equipment to work.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?

I predict I will be married with kids probably working in a high school teaching because that’s what I want to do. So many teachers influenced me while in high school I want to do the same for the next wave of kids.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?

Definitely the football games, and the soccer matches, and Keystone days when you get to sleep in for 2 hours, and most of all just being in the building and experiencing the daily havoc that was Bangor Area High School.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

It’s corny but “Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you’ll land among the stars.” It’s just a good reminder to keep chuggin’ along and even if you don’t get to where you want to at least you made it as far as you did.

What would you say is your biggest inspiration?

My parents for sure, they came to a foreign country barley knowing English and made a successful future for me and my family. I wish to be even a fraction as influential to my kids as my parents were to me.

Do you have any siblings? How many?

I do have siblings, I have 2 younger brothers one of them is going to be a junior next year.

Favorite thing about yourself?

Probably my humor, I like to crack jokes at everything. I make joke at times where I probably shouldn’t but I can’t help myself. I love to make people laugh and bring their spirits up even if it is for only one or two jokes.

How did you get into technology?

I got into technology around when the iPhone 4 came out in 2010. I just became fascinated with technology and how it works. At that time my parents got a laptop and I was constantly on there looking at websites and trying to count the pixels on the screen, I just thought it was the coolest thing and I still do. Technology is evolving everyday and it amazing to see how fast and far we’ve moved as a species from a computer that could barley fit a picture in its storage to massive underground facilities that hold some parts of our lives.

If you were to acquire a million dollars how would you spend it?

I would definitely put myself through college fully then I would buy a new phone and car, and the rest I would save it and invest later.