SLATER SPOTLIGHT: RACHEL CARNEY

Cece Diaz, Reporter

Rachel Carney will pursue her education at Lock Haven University for 4 years before transferring to another college for 2 years of graduate school. She will be in the pre-physician assistant program, and minoring in psychology.

What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you?

Three adjectives my friends would describe me as: funny, creative and adventurous.

What sports, clubs, organizations, jobs do you have and what are your positions in each of these activities?

I’ve been a part of student government for 3 years, and this year I was the public relations officer. I’ve also been in class cabinet since freshman year and involved in the musicals since freshman year.

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why?

The friends I will miss the most are the ones that are a part of the musical productions. They have been my family for so many years and I hate that I won’t be able to do my final high school musical with them.

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why?

The teacher that I will miss the most from Bangor is Madame Martinez. Since freshman year, she has always been there for me and she has always helped me achieve my goals.

My best high school memory was tech week for “Beauty and The Beast” because it was my first high school musical and being a part of such a wonderful group has always been special to me.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

My worst high school memory was getting suspended freshman year for something I didn’t do and having to miss homecoming.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

The band that would play the soundtrack to my high school career would be The 1975 because I started listening to them freshman year and I haven’t stopped since.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

The actor that would play my part would be Kate Hudson because I’ve always loved her and the movies that she is a part of.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?

When I arrive at school in the morning the first place I want to go is my homeroom so I can see all my friends before classes.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?

In 10 years, I predict that I will be living in Arizona, having my dream job, and owning 5 dogs.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?

The events I will miss the most will be the musicals; they have always been such a big part of my life and I can’t imagine never being a part of one again.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

My favorite quote to live by is “exist loudly,”; this is my favorite quote because you’re not really living unless you’re having the time of your life and everyone knows it.

What was your greatest accomplishment during high school?

My greatest accomplishment in high school was being a part of so many great clubs and activities.

How would you describe your high school experience in three words?

Three words that would describe my high school career would be: rollercoaster, crazy and surprising.

What was your favorite part about being in backstage crew for musicals?

My favorite part about being in backstage crew for the musicals would be getting to see everything come together so perfectly.

What would you say was your best memory from a musical is?

My best memory from musical would be going to the Freddy Awards sophomore year and seeing all the schools perform.