SLATER SPOTLIGHT: MAKENZIE DUTT

Kiersten McNeely, Reporter

Outgoing, respectful senior Makenzie Dutt, after having a successful career in student government, horseback riding (Top Notch Equestrian Team), class cabinet, Leo Club, and Cloverleaf Saddle Club, plans to attend Desales University. Dutt will earn her BSN in nursing while at DeSales. 

What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you?  

Outgoing, Funny, Respectful 

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why? 

I will miss all my friends because they have been there for me through all these years. 

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why? 

I have a lot of teachers that I will always remember. One is Mr. Egner; He was one of my favorite teachers and he wrote a resume with me that got me into college, so I can’t ever forget about him. 

My best high school memory is prom 2019; it was my first and last prom but still the best time I’ve ever had. I wish I could have another one. 

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

Probably tripping and falling flat on my face while walking up the stairs with a bunch of people behind me laughing. 

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

Caught Up in the Country because I love living in the country and there’s no place I would rather be. 

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 

Jennifer Aniston because she’s funny like me! hahaha 

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? 

Straight to the breakfast stand because I’m hungry. 

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why? 

In 10 years, I predict I’ll be working in a hospital as a nurse. I also predict I’m going to have my own house built with a husband and kids. 

Which event, events will you miss the most and why? 

I will miss all the football games, that’s where I spent Friday nights with my friends cheering on Bangor. It was just so much fun for me and I’ll cherish those memories. 

What is your favorite quote to live by and why? 

A friend once told me to “Own Your Dash” and it basically means to live life how you want to live it because you only have from the day you’re born to the day you die to live how you want. 

When was the first horse show you competed in? 

I’ve been riding since I was 4 but the first horse show I competed in was probably 6 years ago, so I would’ve been 11. 

Do you plan on continuing to ride horses in college, or will you take a break? 

I plan on riding for DeSales equestrian team, but I may take a break I haven’t decided officially yet. 

Who were your biggest supporters throughout your High School experience? Explain how they supported you. 

My biggest supporters throughout high school are my parents. They have motivated me to get good grades and focus on school even though I didn’t always want to. They have been there for me by supporting my decisions and my goals for my future. They have been there through all my activities from horses to tennis and back to horses.