SLATER SPOTLIGHT: JEFFREY STEINERT  

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

Throughout his high school career, dynamic senior Jeffrey Steinert made his mark with his participation in cross country, track and field, Envirothon, and Student Government. After what can be considered a great run at BHS–Steinert will take to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a major in chemical engineering 

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why? 

My friends from Track and Cross Country. I’ve been with all of them for so long, so it’s gonna be hard not seeing them. 

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why? 

I will miss and remember all of my great teachers. One that stands out to me is Mr. Hobbs, and I think it’s because I’m really going to miss the unique stories that he would tell in class. He also had a great way of making learning really interesting. 

My best memory was going to States my junior year. We all just had so much fun, and I’m glad Morgan and Marino were able to bring us. 

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

My worst memory was the few days in the beginning of one of my years when the school got a new type of cookie in lunch. I don’t know if anyone remembers this, but I do and it was traumatizing. Fortunately, the old cookies came back. 

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

The Wu-Tang Clan could play my soundtrack best. I’m not entirely sure why, but I do know it would be pretty epic. 

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 

I would want Morgan Freeman to play me. He just has a really soothing voice, which is a nice contrast to me. I also would want anyone seeing it to think that I was a lot cooler than I actually am. 

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? 

No matter how much I like school, the first place I want to go is definitely back to bed. I just like my sleep. 

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why? 

I think I’m 10 years I’ll be working as a chemical engineer, or maybe working on getting my masters degree. 

Which event, events will you miss the most and why? 

That’s a really hard question. I’d have to say that I’ll miss school dances the most, especially prom.  

What is your favorite quote to live by and why? 

Mamba Mentality. It’s the way of Kobe, and it basically means to give your best all the time. I think it’s a good motivation for any aspect in life. 

Run us through your pre-meet good luck rituals. 

We always do a little warm uphave a little hype session, and do a chant. 

What track event will you miss most and why? 

I will miss the 4 x 800 the most. The adrenaline I get before that race is crazy, and it’s just so fun being in a relay. 

What was your least favorite cross country course and why? 

Palmerton’s course because it was a literal mountain. 

If you could race against anyone in the world who would it be and why? 

I would definitely want my shot against Usain Bolt in his prime. I think I have a pretty solid 200m. 

What is your ideal running weather and why? 

Warm but a little breezy. This is the nicest because if it’s too hot you get tired, but if it’s too cold it’s hard to breathe. 

What speed workout caused the most emotional and physical trauma and why? 

90, 60, 30s, my sophomore year. Definitely because it was too much running.