SLATER SPOTLIGHT: GRACE FRAUNFELTER

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I have been a Bangor Slater my whole life. But if you count school years, it’s been 13.

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I am attending Mansfield University. My major is biology with a pre-vet track and a minor in business. I will also be playing field hockey there as well. I am going to one day be a veterinarian.

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
I played field hockey and was in the Leo Club.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
Three positive words my friends would use to describe me are honest, loyal, and strong minded.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
I will remember Mrs. Buck the most because she was my teacher, coach, and my best friend’s mom. She’s always so positive and fun, she wants the best for her students.

I think my best high school memory is being able to go to football games. I got to watch my friends and hangout with my other friends.

What is your worst high school memory and why?
My worst high school memory is getting a crappy senior year. Yes, the school did everything they could for us, but it was still very depressing.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?
If a band could play the soundtrack to my high school career it would be Bowling For Soup. They sing a lot about high school and it’s very relatable. I also love rock music.

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?
I could pick so many incredible women to play my part. But I think I would pick Gal Gadot, she was incredible in the Wonder Woman movies and cares about society.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?
When I get to school in the morning the first place I want to go is either home or the guidance office, Mrs. Diorio is amazing.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
My homeroom teacher Mr. Perelli influenced me the most. He was always making us laugh at seven in the morning and was helpful freshman year.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
In 10 years, I will be working for a veterinarian, getting ready to open my own clinic. I have planned out my future since I was four, so hopefully I stay on track.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?
I will miss our class hockey and volleyball tournaments. They were fun to watch. Also, gym class, that’s all I looked forward to every year. Having 4 gym classes senior year was also fun.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
My favorite quote to live by is, “Proclaim the truth and do not be silent through fear,” because being honest to everyone in your life is the most important thing you can do. I value honesty more than anything else.