SLATER SPOTLIGHT: KARA HARTZELL

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
13 years!

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
Cheering freshman and sophomore year, track and field freshman year to senior year, and cross country freshman year to senior year.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
Three positive words that my friends would describe me are friendly, funny, and outgoing.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
I will remember Mrs. Ott from middle school because she really helped me understand what I can do to help myself and others.

The best memory that I have is dressing up with Shannon Smith for senior dress up day as Pedro and Napoleon.

What is your worst high school memory and why?
Freshman year I was wearing my sister’s heels to the Sadie’s dance and I was coming down the stairs and tripped and fell all the way down the steps and smacked my face on the ground.

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?
Emma Stone, she doesn’t really care what you do as long as it makes you happy and she is also sarcastic.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
Mr. Hobbs influenced me most because I was given the opportunity to try his class out and wasn’t sure if I was going to like it, but actually ended up liking it a lot.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
I predict myself 10 years from now with a family and a great job.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?
I will miss school in general because that is when times are simple. All you have to do is get up, go to school, and just graduate. You don’t have to pay bills or worry too much.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
My favorite quote that I live by is “live as if you were to die tomorrow,” because it’s true, you only live once.