SLATER SPOTLIGHT: SHANNON LOUSZKO

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
13 years!

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
Lock Haven University – Communications/ electronic media, my future career goal is to be a news anchor!

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
Marching band , track and field, pit orchestra, concert band, Slater Chorale, concert choir, Class Cabinet, National Honor Society, and Channel 21 News Crew.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
Dedicated, passionate, and amusing.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
The teachers I will remember most will be Mr. Moran and Mrs. Pursel, they were always there for me in the best and worst of times. They knew how to put a smile on my face and never failed to make me laugh, I will never forget them.

My favorite high school memory is yelling “GOOOOOOOD MORNING BANGOR!!!” every morning on the news; it was the highlight of my high school career.

What is your worst high school memory and why?
My worst high school memory? Definitely Covid 100%.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?
Fleetwood Mac, it’s a whole vibe.

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?
I think Natalia Dyer would play me because I have been told I look like her at least twenty times throughout my time in the high school.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?
The TV studio, to have my morning conversation with the awesome, Mr. Miller.

Who influenced you most during high school and why? 
During high school, Mr. Thomas influenced me the most to pursue and follow my dreams. He was one of my biggest supporters and always made sure I had the tools I needed to succeed.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
Ten years from now, I am hoping to be working as a news anchor with a family living somewhere in Pennsylvania, maybe not in Bangor though.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?
I am going to miss the game days before winter or Easter breaks.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
“If your dreams don’t scare you then they are too small.” It means to dream big because life starts at the end of your comfort zone.