SLATER SPOTLIGHT: EVAN GORDON

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I have lived in Bangor my whole life but I would have to say I did not really become a Bangor slater until kindergarten, so 13 years ago.

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I will be attending Lehigh University this coming fall and I plan to get a degree in engineering. I’m not entirely sure as to what type of engineering I want to do, but Lehigh really helps first year students decide what they would like to do.

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
I played tennis for 4 years and spent 4 years in the marching band. I also tried some other clubs but nothing really struck my interest.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
Helpful, caring, and conscientious.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
I am probably going to remember Mrs. Laurito the most from Bangor because she was definitely my favorite teacher and she is just so passionate about calculus.

I would have to say my favorite high school memory would be having calculus with my best friend Angel. I enjoyed every second of that class that we got to spend together. I just wish that we were on the same day this year and that we could’ve had all of AP calculus together.

What is your worst high school memory and why?
My worst high school memory would have to be getting the phone call that school would be shut down do to COVID. I knew that from that point things were going to be different and I was surely right.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?
I would have Supertramp play the soundtrack to my high school career just because I feel as though they have a great mix of music that would include all of the rough days as well as all of the great ones.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?
The first place I go when I get to school is the band room because I have to drop off my trumpet there, but this is also where most of my friends are when I get there in the morning.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
I would have to say that my family influenced me the most throughout high school just because these are the people that really pushed me and the people that helped me do things I was unsure of.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
I predict that in ten years I will be settled down somewhere with my wife and I will have a very stable job. Hopefully, I will also have a C2 or C3 Corvette.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?
I think the main thing that I will miss is all of the wonderful teachers at Bangor like Mrs. Laurito, Mr. Hobbs, Mrs. Brown, and many others.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
If I’m being honest I do not have a quote that I live by. I just live life how it is and I just always try my best.