SLATER SPOTLIGHT: LAUREN HARRISON

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I have been a Bangor Slater for 13 years (Kindergarten until now.)

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I am finishing up an Associate’s Degree in paralegal studies next year at Northampton Area Community College. I plan to transfer to ESU, and I will earn a Bachelor’s Degree majoring in political science and minoring in journalism. Lastly, I hope to move to Boston and attend Harvard Law School or move down to D.C. and attend law school there. In the end, I will become a criminal prosecutor!

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
Marching Band, Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Pep Band, SADD Club, Class Cabinet, GSA, and Ski/Snowboard Club.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
Hardworking, sweet, and open-minded.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
I think I will remember all of my peers and friends I met throughout the Bangor Band program. I was a member for 9 years, and I can genuinely say I have made lifelong friends because of it.

The Friday night lights, blasting music from the stands has to be the best part of high school. Like I said, the band is full of so many amazing people. I loved singing, dancing, and laughing with my section mates each week in the fall, and I would have never wanted it any other way.

What is your worst high school memory and why?
My worst high school memory is probably when Covid started last year. It was definitely really hard for me to be stuck at home, and when we did not return back this fall, it was a bummer.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?
Not a band, but I would have to say Drake. His music has all the vibes, and I can find a song to match any emotion I am feeling.

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?
Definitely Mariska Hargitay… better known as Olivia Benson in Law and Order SVU, lol.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?
Definitely the band room. I went there every morning to drop off my stuff for the day and met some friends to walk to homeroom with!

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
Probably Paolo… we became best friends my freshman year, and that led to a relationship. He definitely pushed me every day to be the best student and version of myself. And in regards to our senior year, I don’t think I would have made it through successfully without him. We would do homework and study together. I saw his overwhelming success over the past 4 years, and he always supported me to reach my goals as well.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
I see myself living along the New England Coast, in a cozy home near the water. I will hopefully have wrapped up my 3 degrees and started building a family!

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?
I will definitely miss school dances and events most. Homecoming, the bonfire, prom, etc. All of those outside of school activities with my peers were always a good time.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, and preserve in prayer,” Romans 12:12. This was my verse for my confirmation, and it has stuck with me ever since. I think it says a lot about life, in a short number of words.