SLATER SPOTLIGHT: EMMA RAMBO

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I have been a Bangor Slater since first grade!

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I will be continuing my academic and athletic career at Rider University. I plan on studying exercise science to one day become a physical therapist. I will also be joining Rider’s outstanding softball program as a first baseman and outfielder.

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
Choir, Varsity Softball, National Honor Society, Class Cabinet, and Student Government.

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you?
My friends would describe me as compassionate, friendly, and empathetic.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?
I will of course remember my closest friends that I have gone through high school with. I will also remember many of my teachers because their classes introduced me to the path I would ultimately like to take in my career.

Winning Clash of Classes our sophomore year was definitely a highlight of my time in high school because it was so fun getting to be a part of this school-wide tradition.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?
One Direction could play the soundtrack of my high school career because I definitely listen to them everywhere I go.

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?
I’ve been told that Florence Pugh would play me best in a movie or tv show.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?
When getting to the school I go right up to Mr. Hobbs room because I love his class and he is always playing some foreign heavy metal bands or rugby highlights.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?
My parents have definitely been great motivators throughout high school. Whenever I needed help, they would always be there for me.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
In ten years I hope to help people recover from injuries and surgery through my time as a physical therapist. I also would like to open up my own gym to work with athletes and anyone who would like to become stronger.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?
I will miss being a part of the softball team because I grew up playing with this kind and talented group of girls.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?
I always just say “it’s all good” because despite any hardship I may face, I know I will come back stronger.