SLATER SPOTLIGHT: GRACIE CAIAZZO

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

How many years have you been a Bangor Slater?
I’ve been a proud Slater for 6 years! 

Where do you plan to attend college and what will you be studying? What do you want to do as a future career?
I will be attending Susquehanna University to major in music/vocal performance and minor in communications. I hope my future career consists of teaching and performing music. It would also be pretty cool to one day become a wedding videographer to continue my passion for video production. 

List the sports, activities, clubs, etc. you did while you were at Bangor High School.
Field hockey, choir, musical, class cabinet, student government and last but definitely not least… morning announcements!!! 

What three positive words would your friends use to describe you? 
Funny, hardworking, and humble. 

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why? 
This is a tough one. I’ll definitely remember Shannon Louszko the most because somehow, we have managed to have multiple classes together every single year… so I had lots of fun times with her. 

I’m so fortunate that I got to have a great high school experience. It’s hard to pick out my BEST memory but something I’ll never forget would be performing in 42nd Street the musical my freshman year. I had so much fun tap dancing with all my friends on stage and I’ll never forget the strong bond the cast created with each other. I’ll also never forget the spirit weeks— that’s what I live for! 

What is your worst high school memory and why?  
My worst memory from high school has to be when our school got shut down from the Coronavirus. It made me realize how much I actually liked school. It was pretty tough missing out on all the traditional activities we typically have.  

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?
I’d have to say The Bee Gees. They give off good and groovy vibes and high school was pretty good and groovy. 

If there were a movie or TV show made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 
Rebel Wilson, probably because she’s really fun to watch and she makes me laugh. 

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why? 
Usually, I start my day off with the morning announcements and choir, but recently I’ve been eager to go to ceramics. I love ceramics! It’s super fun and relaxing. It’s not easy waiting until 5th block for ceramics so Mrs. Reenocks room is the first place I would want to go. 

Who influenced you most during high school and why? 
Hands down Mr. D. I can’t express how important he is to me. My growth and success are credited to him. He inspired me to work hard towards my goals and if it weren’t for him, I probably wouldn’t have the drive to succeed. Mr. D helped me become a better musician and a better person. He deserves so much credit for being there for me and making the music department a tight knit environment. I’m so fortunate to have him as a mentor and I will miss him greatly!  

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?
I have absolutely no idea where I’ll be in 10 years… which is both the scary and exciting part about the future. I could be working at McDonald’s, or I could be performing music, but I guess we never know until that time comes. All I can hope for is that I’m living a happy and healthy life… and that I have a golden retriever.  

Which event, events will you miss the most and why? 
I’m going to miss so much about high school. I’ll miss the little things like the deli line haha… In all seriousness, I will miss the spirit week events… I loved showing my school spirit. I will miss seeing my teachers and friends. I’ll definitely miss the morning announcements; it was always a great time starting my morning off in the TV studio. The one thing I’ll miss the most though is the music program. They are my second family. We have been through the good times and bad times together It’s going to be hard not being a part of the fun activities we do like the musical, choir trips, Disney Night and just hanging out after rehearsals.  

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?   
My favorite quote to live by is “hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” This quote has helped me realize the value of feeling rewarded after working hard to achieve a goal. It shows hard work is more rewarding than just expecting success. There is always room to improve. Hard work pays off!