FALL SPIRIT WEEK IS HERE! 

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

As the air thickens and the leaves change color, only one thing is left to creating the perfect fall season, the annual Bangor vs. Pen Argyl football game, oh and of course the highly anticipated spirit week leading up to the contest. 

The game will take place under the alluring Friday night lights, October 29th at Paul Farnan Field. Here’s how to show your Slater pride:

Monday – Senior Dress Up Day/Black Out the Knights 

The most beloved day of senior year is without a doubt Senior Dress Up Day. On this exciting Monday, seniors will forego their senioritis sweats for the outfitting of TV and movie characters, group costumes, celebrities, and more. 

While the seniors enjoy the spirit day they had all been waiting for, underclassmen will dress in all black with hopes of “blacking out the Knights.”

Tuesday – Athletes vs. Mathletes

An age-old harmless feud between school athletes and the academically inclined will be represented throughout the halls of BHS. Students will embrace true selves and dress as if they were about to compete in a scholastic scrimmage competition or participate in an Olympic event. From plaid and button-downs to jerseys and tracksuits, BAHS will be filled with all kinds of Slater spirit. 

Wednesday – Get in the Groove ‘70s Day

Get in the groove Slaters and take to the fashion vault to embrace the peace and love nature of the 1970s! This throwback theme calls for bright tie-dye, vintage knits, army print, and bell bottoms. The seventies thrived with its flashy colors and bold patterns; Slaters will express their equally vibrant personalities through some good old throwback fashion. 

Thursday – Country vs. Country Club 

With a little light-hearted spirit, Slaters can connect with their country or country club side. Slaters will dress in their most preppy clothing fit for an outing at the country club or dust off their cowboy boots and tip their hats to a farm-filled fun day. 

Friday – Maroon Monsoon 

Bleeding maroon and white is a must when you’re a Slater. Both unofficial and official Quarry Crew members can get an early start to the Maroon Monsoon by showing off their school spirit while decked out in all shades of maroon throughout the school day.