GET IN THE SPIRIT WITH HOLIDAY SPIRIT WEEK

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

Winter spirit week is here! Show off your Slater spirit (holiday edition) by participating in each daily theme!  

Friday (Dec. 17)- Christmas Vacation  

Tacky tourist day takes on the winter season! Break out the fanny packs, obnoxious button-ups, and destination merchandise. Everyone loves a vacation and there’s something to be said about travelling far and wide to spend the holidays with loved ones.  

Monday (Dec. 20)- Long Winter’s Nap  

Yay for winter spirit week! With all of the stress and excitement induced by the holidays, nothing sounds better than a day of classes devoted to wearing your coziest of sweats and fuzziest of pjs.  

Tuesday (Dec. 21)- Welcome to Santa’s Workshop  

For this special theme an abundance of holiday spirit will be necessary to execute accordingly. Each class has been designated a holiday character to dress as with intentions of filling BHS with the utmost of seasonal cheer.  

Themes are as follows, freshmen: snowmen, dress in all shades of white; sophomores: elves, from pointy shoes to point hats, an elf’s outfit is always on point; juniors: reindeer, break out your trusty antlers and shiny red noses; seniors: Santa, wear all the reds and bring all the cheer! 

Wednesday (Dec. 22)- New Year’s Eve Attire  

As if it were NYE, wear your fanciest of attire from floor-length dresses to shiny suits, and pearls to ties, dress to impress Slaters! In this ode to the late formal Thursday, students will adopt a look-good, feel-good attitude when dressing for the day. Let’s start the new year off on the right foot Slaters!  

Thursday (Dec. 23)- Ugly Sweater Day  

Bring on the ugly! In contrast to everyone’s beautiful faces and attractive personalities, the beloved ugly sweater trend will be making its way to BHS. Students will wear the ugliest of clashing patterns and overwhelmingly colored sweaters to school in celebration of a beautiful send off to winter break.