SLATER SPOTLIGHT: JANE MILLER

Madison Toth, Reporter

Throughout her high school career, the always-cheerful Jane Miller was an important leader in Student Government and the varsity cheering team. Her time as SGA secretary and winter captain of the cheering team led her through a busy school year filled with excitement. With her years as a Slater coming to a close, Miller will become a West Chester University Ram in the fall and hopes to obtain a degree in exercise science.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?  

I will remember Frankie Lawrence the most because he was always playing catchy tunes in the halls.

I think my best high school memory was the entire 100th Rivalry Game experience. It was an honor to be a part of and I loved cheering on the Slaters for that special event.

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

I think my worst high school memory was losing the 100th Rivalry Game because everyone was depressed.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

I would let Nicki Minaj sing my entire high school career just because.

Who influenced you most during high school and why? 

My parents have especially influenced me the most during high school because they are always there to support me through anything. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without them.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years. 

I hope I will be successful and living somewhere warm with an exercise science degree or a nursing degree.

Which event, events will you miss the most at Bangor and why? 

I will probably miss Bangor football games and basketball games the most because of the energy and good vibes the Quarry Crew and band give the cheerleaders.

What is your favorite part about cheering during the Friday night Football games?

My favorite part about cheering under the Friday night lights must be dancing to the fight song after we score a touchdown. There’s no other feeling like it. I also love dancing to “Pretty Fly” towards the end of the games.

What challenges did you face during your years of Bangor cheering and how did you overcome those challenges?

I think one of the challenges I faced while being a Bangor Cheerleader is having diabetes. Because of the dancing and movement while cheering, sometimes my blood sugar goes low, and this means I have to sit out for a couple minutes or so to bring my blood sugar back up. But I always hop right back in as soon as I can!

What is your Chipotle order? Please explain the significance of each ingredient.

My Chipotle order is a bowl with white rice, chicken, chili-corn salsa, fajita veggies, cheese, lettuce, and queso blanco. The importance of having the white rice and chicken combo as the base of my bowl is to have simple delicious flavors that don’t make the bowl too overpowering. With all my other toppings, the base of my bowl needs to be simple. I love to include veggies, lettuce, and corn salsa on my bowl to include some veggies but also just because they taste great.  I include cheese AND queso simply because I just love cheese and it pairs very well with the chicken and rice.

What are your top 3 favorite types of french fry and why do you prefer this type of potato form?

My 3 favorite french fry shapes would have to be waffle, steak cut, and curly. These shapes are my favorite because of the texture and way that the seasoning of the fry fits into the shape