SLATER SPOTLIGHT: DAVID DEVINE

Kiersten McNeely, Reporter

Throughout his high school career, athletic senior David Devine helped lead his teams to victory in soccer and tennis. Devine decided to take his passion for sports and business to East Stroudsburg University where he intends to major in athletic training or business.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why? 

Probably my friends Gavin and Bryan. They have been my friends since I moved to Bangor.

What is your best high school memory and why?

Going to Districts for soccer because the team worked so hard for it and never gave up on it.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

Probably getting a concussion my freshman year because I wasn’t allowed to play soccer for the rest of the season and lost my memory for a few days.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

Kanye West because after a few years of being famous he went insane… just like how I’m going insane from being in high school.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

Pete Davidson since he’s hilarious and so am I.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?

Probably my brother. We both got the chance to be in high school together when I was a freshman and he helped me figure everything out.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years.

Hopefully I still have connections to all my close friends and have a degree with a job and a nice house.

Which event, events will you miss the most at Bangor and why?

I will probably miss the Bangor vs Pen Argyl football games and dodgeball/floor hockey tournaments since they were really fun, and I got to hang out with everyone.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

My favorite quote to live by is “It is foolish to fear what you have yet to see or know” because I try not to be afraid of anything that I haven’t done or tried to do yet and go in with confidence.

If you could one vs. one anyone on the tennis court who would it be and why? 

Gavin Andreeko because he’s the top tennis player in Bangor and I want the title.