SLATER SPOTLIGHT: KATIE INGLE

Lauren Blackwell, Reporter

Senior Katie Ingle sings her way through the year while participating in Slater Chorale, Concert Choir, and Treble Choir. After a successful year, Ingle will be studying psychology in college.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?  

Honestly, I think I’ll remember the people the most. It’s the teachers and the students who made me feel like school was a place for me to go and feel accepted and seen.

My best high school memory is that during the musical, those of us who weren’t in the scene for Thenardier’s dance, were dancing the dance in a big circle backstage before all the other actors/actresses came off. It really just brought all of the comradery and friendship together. Whether we were cast or crew, we knew that dance and really just enjoyed doing it even if we weren’t on stage.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

If a band could play the soundtrack to my high school career it would be, Panic! at the Disco because they write such interesting music that has some really odd storylines and to be honest, my high school career has some really weird storylines.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 

If there were a movie made about my high school days, I would want Anne Hathaway to play my role because I really look up to her as a role model in life. She’s taught me so much about trying new things and taking every opportunity.

Who influenced you most during high school and why? 

If I had to pick just one person, it would be Dr. Martinez for being the person who I could go to for advice and to be told that it was going to be okay.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years. 

In ten years, I hope to be starting a job as a psychotherapist and trying to create a life for myself so that I could start a family.

Which event, events will you miss the most at Bangor and why? 

I think I’ll miss the music department events the most at Bangor because that’s really where I’ve created a name for myself and it’s going to be strange not to come back to it in August.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

My favorite quote to live by is Audrey Hepburn’s “In life you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself and one for helping others.” This is my favorite quote because it really describes how to be a good person.

What was your best memory from choir and why?

My favorite memory from choir? That’s easy. The day that in Slater Chorale we went around singing our winter repertoire around the school. It really made me feel that what we do as a choir is important.

What’s your go-to accessory and why?

My go-to accessory is a necklace because whether it’s a simple pendant or a chunky pattern it can make an outfit to be that much more complete..

If you could star in any Broadway show, what show would it be and why?

If I could star in a Broadway show it would be Beetlejuice because that’s my all-time favorite musical.