SLATER SPOTLIGHT: BRAYDEN STROHE

Alexis Zamorsky, Reporter

Senior varsity basketball player Brayden Strohe showed his Slater pride through his 4 years in BHS. Strohe has had outstanding classes such as honors biology, engineering, invention, and innovation. Strohe plans to attend Northampton Community College and study HVAC and refrigeration.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?

I think I will remember Mr. Miller the most in Bangor. Along with having some pretty cool classes, he taught me how to have fun while getting work done. If I messed around in class too much, he would set me straight. He showed me how to have the correct mixture of seriousness and having fun.

What is your best high school memory and why?

My best high school memory would have to be when Lil Uzi vert dropped his new album the same day, we got 2 weeks called off for covid. Little did anyone know, that was the beginning soundtrack to one crappy movie. (Covid 19)

What is your worst high school memory and why?

My worst high school memory would have to be watching covid take away/manipulate a lot from my high school experience. I had to wear a mask during baseball, prom, and even just walking around the halls with my friends.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career?

The artist that could play the soundtrack to my high school career would probably be Drake. He has a lot of different style songs, which is good for the different situations high school put me through.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

If my high school days were to be made in a movie, I think a younger version of Johnny Depp would play my part. He is very funny but can be very serious when he needs to be and that is exactly how I am both in and out of school.

Who influenced you the most during high school?

My older brother influenced me the most during high school. He has been out of school for a little while now, but he is still young enough to tell me what to do or what not to do throughout high school based on his experience. If I got into a bind, had a school event coming up, stressed out about sports, he would know exactly how I felt and how to deal with it.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in 10 years.

I hope in 10 years I have moved out, have my own place and a great job. I hope I am happy and still doing things I truly enjoy.

Which event or events will you miss most at Bangor and why?

I will miss being in the Quarry Crew during the football games. They brought the student body together and was always something to look forward to every Friday night.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

My favorite quote to live by is “Don’t let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.” -Babe Ruth. I know it is a baseball quote, but the meaning behind it goes for anything in life. If there is something that you want to do in life, don’t let the fear of failing keep you from trying.

What song explains your feeling to graduate?

The song that explains my feeling to graduate would be “The Spins” by Mac Miller.

If you had to relate yours and Dan Heald’s friendship to any duo, who would it be and why?

Dan and I really have a friendship like no other. If I were to relate it to a duo, I would say we are like Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell from the movie Good Burger. We mess around a lot, but we would do anything to help one another out or get the other person out of a tough situation.

What’s your favorite sunflower seed to snack on at your baseball games and why?

My favorite sunflower seed to eat while on the field has to be either sweet and spicy or cracked pepper. They both have some spice to them, so they keep me on my toes and ready to move whenever I have to.