SLATER SPOTLIGHT: BROOKLYN CAMPBELL

Madison Toth, Reporter

Creative senior Brooklyn Campbell has spent her time at BHS thriving in the music department. Campbell participated in marching band color guard, several of the choirs, and the musical, which have all prepared her for her major in music education at Northampton Community College and West Chester University.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?  

Probably Logan Borger. He’s a very funny, talented individual with a kind heart. You’ll never meet another Logan Borger.

Definitely the Freddy’s my freshman year. Picture it as the Tony’s for Northeastern Pennsylvania. We got to perform on Live TV! The ride home after that night, the whole bus felt so united. I was on top of the world.

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

I will not mention the virus, but instead the most embarrassing moment of my sophomore year. I wore my new boots to school and tripped down a crowded stairwell. I didn’t take anyone down, but my pride was badly bruised. 

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why? 

Probably P!ATD. They have some good music that can get me in my feels.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why? 

Jeez, that’s a tough question. Probably Demi Lovato. Not because I’m a fan of them, but because I think it’d be fun to watch, and I could pretend that my life is an old Disney Special. 

Who influenced you most during high school and why? 

Mr. DiMinico definitely. As someone who was in love with singing and theater, I looked up to him a lot. He’s taught me a lot over these past four years, not just with performance but with how to be respectful, and how to work hard. I’m going to take what I’ve learned in choir and carry it with me the for rest of my life. 

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years. 

I hope to be graduated from West Chester and to be teaching as a choral director somewhere in Manhattan. I would like to audition for shows on the side.  

Which event, events will you miss the most at Bangor and why? 

I’m going to miss our pep rallies the most. We haven’t had many in the past years, but they were so fun when we had them. 

What is your favorite quote to live by and why? 

“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work.” It helps me remember to always work towards the best. There’s always something to improve on, I can’t just rely on talent or luck alone to get something done. I’m pretty sure this quote is somewhere in Mr. D’s room, or at least it was at some point. 

What is your favorite color guard memory?

The competitions we’d go to were always the best. We’d not only get to watch some amazing marching bands put on their performances, but we’d get to talk and befriend some of those kids too. Not to mention some of the food they’d serve! Their food sales were always the best and would help support our fellow marching bands. 

What is a secret talent that you have? Explain how you obtained this talent.  

I can do a pretty good Mickey Mouse impression! It all started about two years ago at Tuscarora’s Winter Weekend. My friend had a Mickey Mouse backpack and I started to try and sound like him. It became an inside joke between our group, which has somehow followed me through the rest of my high school career. 

What is one food that you could not live without and why? 

Jalapeño and Mushroom Pizza. Don’t knock it till you try it! I tried it once, spur of the moment, and have never looked back. Bonus points if I have some ranch with me. I will live by this food combo.