SLATER SPOTLIGHT: CYANA RODRIGUEZ

Maria Leszkowicz, Reporter

Throughout her high school career, enthusiastic, charismatic senior Cyana Rodriguez participated in band, choir, treble choir, marching band (3 years), and cheering. Rodriguez took a leadership role senior year and was the captain of the varsity cheer team. After college, she plans to attend Northampton Community College for a master’s degree in accounting.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?

I would remember my cheer coaches the most because they always believed in me and pushed me to be my best. They are always there for me and are people that I could turn to and trust.

My favorite memory in high school is the bonfires that took place every year before the Pen Argyl vs. Bangor football games.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

I would say my worst high school memory was Covid. There were challenges in adjusting to staying home and then having to readjust to going back to school.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

If there were a movie made about my high school days, I would say Tiffany Haddish would play my part because we have the same humor.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?

I would have to say my mother influenced me most in high school because she has guided and encouraged me all my hears throughout high school.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years.

In ten years, I hope to have a good job, be financially stable, have a supporting family and a big house. I want to be living far away from Bangor and maybe be involved with a competitive cheer team as the head coach and owner.

Which event/events will you miss the most at Bangor and why?

I would probably miss the dodgeball tournaments and events similar to that. I really liked it when all the students would get together and have a fun time.

What is your favorite quote to live by?

My favorite quote to live by is “You have to put the hard work in to get the results you are looking for.” -Michael Jordan.

What was your favorite Friday night lights memory?

My favorite Friday night lights memory is cheering on our football team under whatever circumstances and showing the crowd excitement. Another one of my favorite memories was laying on the field on the last home game with one of the cheer coaches and just soaking up all the memories.

What’s your favorite band piece and what do you love about it?

My favorite band piece has to be “You Give Love a Bad Name” because it always hypes me up. Lol.

What’s your best advice for keeping your nails so fire?

To keep my nails fire, it is a must to push back your cuticles and use cuticle oil because that is key.