SLATER SPOTLIGHT: MATTIE MARTIN

Kiersten McNeely, Reporter

Determined, funny, senior Mattie Martin gave her all to the Lady Slaters soccer team as she played and captained them to victory. She plans to take her talent to Moravian University where she will continue her soccer career and major in sports management.

Which song could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

“Ready Set Roll” by Chase Rice. This country song described me throughout high school. I was always late for school and always had that “ready set let’s roll” mindset.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

My favorite quote to live by is “full send” … you only live once, so you might as well make the best of it.

Which events will you miss the most at Bangor and why?

I think I’ll miss the Friday night football games the most. Spending Friday nights with friends cheering for our school was always fun.

What were your favorite pre-soccer game rituals you did to get you hyped?

Listening to music with the team always got me hyped and ready to play 

If you had to choose one dog breed to never work with again at the animal clinic you are employed at, what would it be and why?

I will not miss all the little ankle biting dogs and the nasty cats. They always seemed to be the problem. So, I don’t have a specific breed, its just all of them in general.

Would you rather be able to fish anytime you want or hunt anytime you want? Explain?

I don’t think there is a right answer for this one. My way of seeing this is, when it’s hunting season, it’s time to hunt and when it’s fishing season, it’s time to fish.