SLATER SPOTLIGHT: KAYLEE HOLLAND

Maria Leszkowicz, Reporter

Hardworking senior Kaylee Holland made her journey at BHS worthwhile playing field hockey (captain), softball, and powderpuff. Her clubs include Ecology Club, student government, producer of the TV studio, and National Honor Society. Out of all her accomplishments, Holland’s standout class was choir because she learned the most about real life, gained confidence and was able to perform at multiple venues (churches, other schools, Disney, and for the community). Holland will take her talents to become a River Hawk at Susquehanna University.

What is your best high school memory and why?

My favorite high school memory would have to be traveling to Disney with the choir and marching band my senior year. The memories I have made with my best friends is something I will cherish forever.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

My worst high school memory would have to be covid. Losing all the experiences, all the dances, the pep rallies, the sense of the community was gone in the matter of a second. I look back on my freshman year, wishing and hoping I did not take that year for granted.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

I think Emma Stone would play my part because she can be very clumsy and funny. In high school as an underclassman, I thought if I wore the right clothes, and acted like someone different, I would be liked. It took me until my senior year to try and figure out who I am a little bit.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?

Mr. Di Minico and Mr. Miller were my biggest influencers in my high school career. They showed me what hard work can get me and always made me laugh. I will always remember them for the rest of my life, and I am so grateful for them.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years.

I hope I am pursuing a career that I enjoy, or even on the right path to that career. I want to be creative and active in any way possible.

Which event/ events will you miss the most at Bangor and why?

The events I will miss the most are the Quarry Crew football games under the lights, the pep band at the basketball games, choir concerts, months preparing for musical, and getting to hangout and laugh everyday with my best friends. Basically, everything about high school.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

“Don’t use your energy to worry. Use your energy to believe, create, trust, grow, and heal.”

Have you ever considered furthering your music career in college?

After a lot of contemplating, I knew I couldn’t live without doing music, so I auditioned for Susquehanna’s music program, and will be involved in choir and musical theatre.

What do you like most about field hockey? What was the most challenging part of playing?

What I liked most about playing field hockey was the challenge of pushing myself as a team with all of my friends. It mentally toughened me and made me a better person. The most challenging part of playing was not giving up on myself after making a mistake and keeping myself calm and continuously being a leader.