SLATER SPOTLIGHT: BRIAN BURTON

Cecilia O'Brien, Reporter

Throughout his high school career, energetic senior Brian Burton has expressed Slater spirit and talent through his participation in soccer, track and field, and most notably, the musical. Whether it be on the field or under the spotlight, Burton plans to take to the stage at Bloomsburg University with his major in musical theatre.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?

I would remember by best friend Justin Pascoe. Why? Because we have the best times together and he made high school way less boring and stressful than if he wasn’t here.

My favorite high school memory is going to Disney for the choir competition. It was my favorite because I visited a new state and experienced something that I will remember for the rest of my life.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

My worst high school memory is doing the hybrid schedule my junior year. It just messed me up when I would go into school one day and then stay home the next.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

Honestly, probably Big Time Rush would play my soundtrack the best because no matter what day it is, they would always have a song that could represent that day. They are an upbeat band which suits me, since I am an upbeat person.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

I would want Kevin Hart to play my part because he seems like the type of guy who can’t wait for the day to be over and go enjoy the 8 hours after school with sports and friends and then dread going back the next day.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?

The one who influenced me most in high school was probably my cousin Stevie because he is the reason why I really tried to focus in school so that I could go to college.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years.

In 10 years, I hope to be graduated from college and performing on stages in front of hundreds of people, having my own place, and enjoying life with someone special.

Which event, events will you miss the most at Bangor and why?

The days I will miss most about Bangor are the days of the musical. Yes, they were long and tiring—but just moving to the sounds of music and just being yourself for hours and meeting so many amazing people was just so much fun to do.