PASSIONATE DANCER HUDAK TO ATTEND STEPS ON BROADWAY CONSERVATORY

Christmas City Studio

EMOTION Ash Hudak performs in Les Mis and brings down the house with incredible talent.

Maggie Weaver, Reporter

Senior Ash Hudak has had a long journey singing to acting and will attend the Steps on Broadway Conservatory.

Hudak’s experience with dance began when their mother enrolled them in dance classes as a toddler. From then on, Hudak had felt it was a natural thing to perform and began to spend more time exploring this divine passion.

“I really can’t see myself doing any non-performance job; I genuinely believe that I was born to be an entertainer,” Hudak said.

With this excitement in the performing arts, Hudak began to branch out into singing and acting in musicals.

“I love storytelling with music and movement. I love when a show makes me feel something. Theatre is what I live for,” Hudak said.

While at Bangor High School, Hudak has been involved in musicals, choir, and band. Most notably, in addition to ensemble and featured dancing parts in multiple shows, Hudak played Fantine in Bangor’s production of Les Misérables. Hudak also choreographed one of the dancing scenes.

Hudak loves how the performing arts leads to exciting emotions. Hudak plans to take these aspirations to bigger stages—on Broadway and beyond. In addition to having such big dreams, Hudak also would like to stay in touch with the community.

“I also want to be in a good place financially so that I can give back to my community and regularly help out people who need it,” Hudak said. “Hopefully in 10 years I’ll still be volunteering at thrift shops because I really love doing that now.”

Still, passion for dance is the thing that drives Hudak most.

“I don’t know if it has been made obvious yet, but being a professional dancer has been a dream of mine as long as I can remember. Dancing just feels so natural for me,” Hudak said.

Hudak cannot wait to improve their vast skillset at the Conservatory. From impeccable leadership in the musicals to achievements in competitions for dance, Hudak has a strong foundation and bright future in the world of dance.

“I’m anticipating bigger and better performance opportunities every once in awhile instead. I’m mostly looking forward to training with the greats though!” Hudak said.