SLATER SPOTLIGHT: LOGAN O’BRIEN

Cecilia O'Brien, Reporter

Utilizing his robotics and engineering skills, innovative senior Logan O’Brien plans to continue his automotive education at the Universal Technical Institute (UTI). He plans to specialize in Ford automobiles because of his passion for the cars and their unique framework.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?

I will remember Mr. Moran the most and his game plan for a [crisis event].

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

The band Slipknot would best express my high school career. Slipknot got me through the highs and lows of high school, and I feel like I can relate to what they are saying. Also, I am part of the top .01% of listeners on Spotify.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?

Myself because I make my own decisions.

Which event, events will you miss the most at Bangor and why?

I will miss floor hockey the most because it has always been a fun sport for me, and I hope to continue playing hockey as one of my hobbies when I have time in the future.

What sparked your interest in roller hockey?

I was invited to play street hockey at the Bangor park with some of my friends and since then I have enjoyed the game and the memories I have made at the park.

Which car brand, in your opinion, is the best? Why?

The best car brand—in terms of cars—is Ford because they have very well-built cars that are reliable and get the job done. In terms of trucks, Chevy wins by far—especially their early 2000’s trucks. The old Mitsubishi’s are pretty cool, too, though.

Describe the current project you are working on.

I am currently working on a 1985 Mitsubishi Montero. I bought it for $2000 and have put over $1000 into it. It has sparked my interest in cars and is now my passion project. I’ve spent almost a year working on this car and have replaced/repaired everything from the gas tank to the head gasket. I got it in running/driving condition about a month ago, and it is nearly ready for the road.