SLATER SPOTLIGHT: MAKENNA MILLER

Liana Reinert-Dillman , Reporter

Funny, smart, outgoing senior Makenna Miller is attending Northampton Community College to study and become part of the nursing program with hopes of becoming a nurse. Throughout high school, Miller has been a science standout.

What sports, clubs, activities did you do while in high school? Any leadership positions in these?

Soccer and basketball. I was goalie for soccer my last 2 seasons.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?   

I will probably remember Mr. Thomas because his bio class was super fun and he taught me a lot of things about real life.

My best high school memory would probably be when I met my best friend and we had A and B days at school. Soccer was also an amazing part of high school for me.

What is your worst high school memory and why? 

I think my worst memory was when I had to quit basketball because it became too much for me; also, when my soccer team made it to districts, and we ended up losing to finish off the season.

Who influenced you most during high school and why? 

My parents, coaches, and teachers all influenced me to be successful and push through until graduation.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years. 

I hope to have a stable job as a nurse and make a decent income, travel a bit.

Which event, events will you miss the most at Bangor and why?  

Any sport events.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why? 

“Be yourself, but always your better self” Is a good quote because I am always trying to better myself.

If you could relive any experience in your life, what would it be? 

I think I would want to relive when I was a goalie in a game senior year that we ended up winning and I actually pushed myself and did really good. It was the best feeling.

What drove you to keep playing soccer? 

My coaches. They are the best coaches ever and always pushed me to do better because they wanted to see the best in me. They made the sport fun but also an opportunity.

What are your biggest goals right now, what will you do to achieve these goals?

I want to be successful in college after I graduate, hopefully get into the nursing program at NCC, and I would like to find a way to play soccer again.