SATER SPOTLIGHT: BRAIDEN PYSHER

Cecilia O'Brien, Editor in Chief

Studious senior Braiden Pysher plans to use his intelligence to major in computer science at West Virginia University. Pysher has used his willpower and diligence to help uplift others in the musical and athletic programs here at Bangor and has shown what a true Slater is.

What are your favorite classes? 

My favorite class is Slater Chorale, because singing is fun. I love how there’s no judgement from my peers and how I can feel comfortable to sing out!

What do you hope to study?

I will be attending West Virginia University to study computer science in the Honors College. I hope to become a computer or software engineer. I’ve always been interested in AI, coding, and technology, so I think computer science will be a good fit for me.

Describe your ideal life 10 years from now.

I don’t have an ideal life; I just want to be able to make those around me happier.

What is your best high school memory?

My best high school memory was performing at Disney Night. It was my first time ever performing in front of an audience, and all of my friends were so supportive and uplifting. It was something I thought I could never do, and it was an especially rewarding experience.

Which events will you miss the most?

I will miss playing in football and baseball games, being a part of the musical, and participating in PMEA events.

What part of the musical is your favorite?

Though I like singing and dancing, I love the acting the most. Switching between characters and different personalities is difficult but super rewarding. I love telling a story through my characters, and I will miss acting the most.

Who is your biggest mentor?

My biggest mentor throughout the years has been Mr. Burke. He put me on the right path in terms of my high school career and college preparations. Also, thank you to Mr. Di Minico for helping me discover my love for music.

What is your favorite quote to live by?

“You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky. I became a part of many different activities my senior year, which really pushed my comfort zone. I took several “shots” like joining the musical and auditioning for PMEA Choir. If I didn’t try these new endeavors, I would have never gone to Kalahari for All-State Choir and played multiple characters in the musical.

Who will you remember most in Bangor?

I’d like to thank Abby Duyssen for being my partner in every class we had throughout high school and growing up. I don’t know how you put up with my idiocy—but I appreciate and thank you for it. I don’t think I would have gotten through high school without you.

What activities have you participated in during your high school career?

I was a football and baseball player, in the ski club, in the class cabinet, in the musical, and a part of 3 PMEA festivals. My senior years of baseball and football mean the most to me because of the success we had and the memories I made. We handedly beat Pen Argyl in both sports. The PMEA festivals also meant the world to me because I got to meet new friends from all over the state and be surrounded by people that are all so much more talented than me.