SLATER SPOTLIGHT: VERA COOPER

Rose Chen, Reporter

Bubbly and bright senior Vera Cooper will be attending SUNY Morrisville and majoring in agriculture business. Cooper demonstrated her motivation throughout various sports (track), clubs (4-H), and jobs (Panera Bread).

What are your favorite classes? 

Agriculture & Horticulture. They thrilled me because they were not your normal classes where you sit and listen. The teacher, Mrs. Finkbeiner, would want you to participate in class conversations and do different activities to keep you interested in the subject.

What do you hope to study?

My future is to study and work with livestock and horticulture. My career is to become a future farmer and landscaper.

Describe your ideal life 10 years from now.

10 years from now I would love to have a life of my own with many acres of land. I will have a nice house and a variety of livestock with some greenhouses. I will have some children and a family to feed. I will have many barbecues and bonfires to bring my friends and family together, and a nice truck so I can go places!

What is your best high school memory and why?

My prom from my old school, Lafayette, because I got to reunite with so many friends, people, and teachers and remember all the old times I had, along with all the new memories I will be making.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

Morgan Wallen could play for my high school career because there were a lot of ups and downs throughout this time, but I still made it through, along with having a blast.

Name a movie and character you connect with:

I would choose “Footloose” and Ren McCormack because of moving from my hometown and having music to keep me at bay.

Which event/events will you miss the most?

Supporting the football team and dressing up at the home games.

Who is your biggest mentor?

Mrs. Fink because she is always keeping busy and having the motivation to go beyond when teaching.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” This is my favorite quote because I watch everyone else trying to be or please someone else who seems to have more of a social life. Honestly, I tried to do the same a while ago and it made me so stressed that I wasn’t better than someone. Now that I’m focused on myself, I’ve accomplished much more and understand myself more as a person.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?

Cecilia O’Brien because she was the first friend I made moving to Bangor. Ever since then, she and I are still friends, and she has made me not be so quiet in school. She has listened to what I had to say, and she always has the hype.

What activities have you done throughout your high school career?

I have played indoor and outdoor soccer, lacrosse, indoor and outdoor track, and gymnastics for my sports. I was in Eastern Valley 4-H club and teen council 4-H for my clubs. Then worked for Boss Meal Prep and now Panera Bread. 4-H was my favorite because I met many people and got to train cows for the county fair. I also loved track because I got to do so many events and still meet so many. I also enjoyed helping others who wanted to do the same event.