LANGDON TO HIT DINGERS AT UNIVESITY AT ALBANY

Cecilia O'Brien, Editor in Chief

Sincere and thoughtful senior Kristina Langdon plans to continue her softball career and education at the University at Albany. Langdon has demonstrated motivation for softball in her 4 years of being a part of Bangor’s varsity softball team.

What are your favorite classes?

I have always enjoyed my biology classes. I have always been interested in learning about and studying living things and in taking these classes throughout high school; it has helped me decide that I want to go into the medical field in the future.

What are your plans after high school?

Once I graduate, I will be attending the University at Albany as a student athlete and with the plan to go into nursing. This career choice has always appealed to me because I have always wanted to be able to have the knowledge to help people and know that I am making a difference in others’ lives.

Describe your ideal life 10 years from now.

In 10 years from now, my ideal life would be being completely done with school, working in the medical field and building/already built my dream home. By this time, I hope to have kids and a happy family and living every day to its fullest.

What is your best high school memory?

My favorite high school memories will always be the days that we had something fun planned. The days before holiday breaks were always the best when we held things like the dodgeball tournaments. It was always good to get a break and be able to have a day here-and-there to socialize with your classmates and just have fun.

Which events will you miss the most from high school?

I will miss going to the football games the most. Getting all dressed and painted up on Friday nights with friends and being in the Quarry Crew made some memories that I will never forget.

Who is your biggest mentor?

My biggest mentor was my dad who was also the assistant varsity coach for softball. He was the one that always pushed me to my limits and had more confidence in my athletic ability than I did myself. He took his coaching job to heart and made sure that not only I, but also the entire team was always motivated and ready to play.

What is your favorite quote to live by?

One of my favorite quotes to live by is “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” This is one of my favorites because if you are afraid to take chances in your life, you may never get to where you want to be. And regret is a hard thing to deal with, so this quote reminds me to take my chances because I don’t want to end up regretting it in the long run.

Who will you remember most in Bangor?

There is really no one specific that I can mention for this. All I can say is that my classmates are all people that I will always remember.

What activities have you done throughout your high school career?

I have been involved in varsity softball for 4 years. It is the one thing that I have focused on for forever. I spend most to all of my time after school practicing, either playing for Bangor or my travel team. This sport means so much to me because I have been playing it since I could walk. I remember watching my sister play when I was little and wanting to have that chance one day; since then, I haven’t stopped playing. I grew a strong passion to the sport and will continue to play for as long as possible. I play shortstop for Bangor but also second and third for my travel team.