BECK BRINGS HIS A GAME

Meagan Hoffman, Editor

Senior golfer Adam Beck shot a personal best 83 against Pen Argyl at Shawnee Golf Course and has continued this feat against Wilson, Saucon Valley, and Salisbury as well.

Beck started playing golf about 4 years ago when he decided to join the Bangor team after transferring from a school that didn’t offer the sport.

“Watching my dad golf at a young age inspired me to start playing. I wanted to be like him, so he got me clubs and I fell in love with the sport,” senior Adam Beck said. “When I found out that Bangor had a team, I jumped at the opportunity.”

As Beck reflects on some of his favorite golfing memories, one stands out.

“My favorite memory was shooting my career low, at the time, last year and beating Southern Lehigh at their home course, then going to McDonald’s afterwards,” Adam Beck said.

Beck is a role model to the future golfers, and demonstrates leadership qualities, such as demonstrating exceptional behavior and stellar companionship, that will be passed down to the younger players.

“I have a lot of fun golfing with Adam. He is a really great leader to the team. I aspire to be as good of a golfer as he is one day,” junior Noah Berger said.

Outside of the season, Beck tries to play as much as he can during the summer, and has played in multiple tournaments in Delaware over the course of the past 2 years.

Although he doesn’t plan on playing golf in college, Beck hopes to further his education by studying to become an athletic trainer at Kings College in the fall of 2018.

“I like Kings because it’s a smaller campus that is close knit, and it also offers a great program for my major,” senior Adam Beck said.

Beck will miss playing with his friends each week once the team brings the season to a close.