DEDICATED SLATERS CREATE AWESOME RIVALRY POSTERS

Maria Bartolucci, Reporter

Bangor students brought spirit at the bonfire on October 26. In preparation, seniors created more than 85 posters and hung them on the outside of the building, as well as within the gym. 

The selected seniors bonded while creating their masterpieces but eventually ran into some issues.  

“Hanging the posters was extremely difficult. We bought multiple types of duct tape such as regular, masking, and clear. But nothing seemed to work, they kept on falling down throughout the day so we had to go hang them back up multiple times,” senior Kaley Casagrande said. 

The seniors spent the day letting their creativity flow as they made as many posters as they could.  

“We take paper and different paint colors. If we did not have enough of a color we mix other paints to resemble the paint that was gone. Being able to make up your own phrase and create witty banter really makes this operation fun and exciting,” senior Olivia Groller said. 

This tradition happens every year and it is an important part of the history and the rivalry of Bangor.  

“The rivalry posters are important because it inspires the school and the community to attend a game that has been around for 98 years it also gets everyone excited,” senior Crytstal Renaldi said. 

Creating comical phrases was hard work, but they banded together creating memories for them and the community. 

“I think it brought everyone together because it got the whole school excited for the game. Everyone, including people in the community, loved seeing all the posters some of their favorites were ‘internet explorer runs faster than Pen Argyl’, and ‘Pen Argyl bites their string cheese’,” Renaldi said. 

The posters are a very crucial asset to the tradition because it brings the seniors together for their last rivalry game.